TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Engine Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JolleyGreenSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2019 at 2:44am
I found these on amazon...

68 caravelle blue...

69-72 AMC engine metallic blue...

73-81 AMC engine blue...

Rampart red...
https://www.amazon.com/KBS-Coatings-58030-Rampart-Coater/dp/B00TY5FN6I?th=1%2B

Edited by JolleyGreenSST - Feb/08/2019 at 2:49am
"God is good all the time and all the time God is good!"
1980resto View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2019 at 11:55am
Awesome,

Calling KBS tomorrow morning to confirm the color match on this one 73-81 AMC engine blue...
https://www.amazon.com/KBS-Coatings-58030-Rampart-Coater/dp/B00TY5FNCC?th=1 - https://www.amazon.com/KBS-Coatings-58030-Rampart-Coater/dp/B00TY5FNCC?th=1

Thank you so much
JolleyGreenSST View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JolleyGreenSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2019 at 12:00pm
Your welcome, glad I could help! 
"God is good all the time and all the time God is good!"
Stink View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2021 at 6:36pm
I realize this is a really old post, but trying to find paint that matches the peeling paint on my 1969 AMX 390 and this is it. Seems like every other engine is that metallic blue green, but mine is this non metallic Robins egg blue. What engines/years was this paint used on?? Where can I get it? 
Thanks!
Stink View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

amark has the different year paints I just bought some..here is a 74 engine I just finished...
 I realize this is a really old post, but trying to find paint that matches the peeling paint on my 1969 AMX 390 and this is it. Seems like every other engine is that metallic blue green, but mine is this non metallic Robins egg blue. What engines/years was this paint used on?? Where can I get it? 
Thanks!
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2021 at 7:07pm
Check amark
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 8:26am
AFAIK, Amark has the only correct colored paint for 69 as he had it custom matched from original parts.   It is not the same as Alamosa Aqua.  AFAIK you cannot have the 69 engine paint mixed from the original formula as one of the components is N/A.  But the Amark paint gets as close to this as possible using what's available.
The Seymour spray cans are not a good match if you want correct for 69.  And yes, 99% of people use the Seymour paint, but...
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Stink Stink wrote:

Thanks!
A 69 AMX should have the metallic blue green. This colour was used on 69 through 73 model years. If yours has a different shade, then some previous owner changed it. As mentioned, AMARK is a good source for engine paint, though I see they are out of stock of the newer shades. You might want to contact him to see if there is stock coming in.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
75Cj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75Cj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

Any paint codes on AMC factory blue paint? I see eastwood lists a kit but if I can get it local through NAPA or similar I would rather so that. 
Or any good pictures of engines painted I can look at ?

Seymour EN-66 Hi-Tech Engine Spray Paint, AMC Blue

1975 CJ5
AMC 304
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2021 at 10:33am
I believe he's looking for the non- metallic that came after the EN66
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic