TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Electrical Kit???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote /6charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical Kit???
    Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 10:05pm

Trying to get a gameplan with the AMX restoration.  Has anyone out there used/recommend an aftermarket wiring harness??  (Previous owner tried to rewire the car using a bird's nest technique Angry)  What about power windows???   I've seen several dodge vans in the bone yards that have power window switches for only 2 windows.  Has anyone attemped this conversion before??  Thanks in advance.

1969 AMX 390/???-spd
reo.logan@navy.mil
/6charger View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote /6charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 10:12pm
I just scoped the Power Window thread a few lines down, so that is covered...  (D'oh) 
1969 AMX 390/???-spd
reo.logan@navy.mil
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2008 at 10:12pm
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2008 at 5:46pm
H&M wringing in California has all the AMX wringing new and most for the 71 to 74 Javelins. I got a set for my resto-mod 69 AMX and it has worked out fairly well. No real complaints. It is a better redo of the original wring. I've seen exactly one 70 AMX with power windows . It's doable. Most of the stuff is period GM stuff which is reproduced. If not you can get street rod type stuff and adopt it with little problem or latter AMC stuff off Concord, etal . LRDaum
LRDaum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic