TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Elec Wiper Circuit Breaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elec Wiper Circuit Breaker
    Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 3:17pm
My TSM for 66 American shows a circuit breaker for the elec wipers.  Other than the broken flex plate that was on my car the other thing I now know after 12 years is there was/is no breaker on the wipers. Looked like a small fire in the wiper moter area and on the fuse block power feed. These two things put my wagon in the salvage yard where I got it from.  The owner was a friend of mine and gave me the wagon.  When I rebuilt my wire harness I did not install one. I didn't know but helping Midnight Rambler with his mystery wire I see it in the TSM. I will install one but I can't seem to find out what amp. Does any one know???? My elec tailgate uses 2- 25 amp breakers and I have a couple of spares.

Edited by Freecat1 - Sep/21/2011 at 3:19pm
KermitDRambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KermitDRambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 8:28pm
I wonder if it's part of the switch. My 67 TSM  doesn't call it out as a separate item but does mention a circuit breaker (wiring diagram is also a litle different). Also, my 67-72 parts book doesn't show a breaker for the wiper motor.

Matt
1967 American wagon

http://www.mattsoldcars.com
Freecat1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freecat1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2011 at 9:14pm
LOL This could be Another 66 only deal.  Who knows. But it's in the TSM????????????LOL 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic