TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Early AMX/Jav Rearview Mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early AMX/Jav Rearview Mirror
    Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 7:11am
Does anyone know of a replacement mirror for the 68-70 AMX/Jav?  My mount, arm, cover etc. is in good shape but the mirror is pretty weak.  I beadblasted/painted the back - kinda looks ok.  Glass is pretty good but day/night doesnt work.

Open to replacements from other makes/models/universal that will mount to the existing arm.  

I keep an eye on ebay and for-sale here, but most are about the same condition as what I have.

Thanks
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2021 at 8:33am
See if you can find a '71-74 Javelin mirror with the double ball joints. They are better mirrors, and a perfect fit.

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2021 at 8:28am
Thanks - I will add that to the hunt
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2021 at 7:34am
I have a 1967 Camaro with the original mirror.  I swapped the mirror into the AMX and it fits just fine.  The color is not right but it opens up a lot of options as this mirror fits a bunch of chevy applications and are readily available new/repro in various widths.  Looks like the replacements are polished stainless with grey plastic rim.
dsr500sl View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsr500sl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2021 at 1:45pm
I used a "69-72 GM A B-body Interior Inside Rear View Mirror 12 Inch Day Night rearview" from ebay for my 1970 Javelin - worked great
amc-rookie View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc-rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2021 at 1:39pm
I dont think the RV mirror on my 1968 AMX (earlish build?) is original to the car.
The housing is chrome, the lever is on the bottom, and the trimaround the face appears to be faded from a light color. (odd, as the initerior as I received it was all black (not dyed) although the door tag is tan)
My son's 68 Javelin's mirror seems to be black housing and trim, and lever on back. Any pics or details will be appreciated. Here's mine:
Project finally underway $$$! near-basket case 1968 AMX #2789 was 290/auto will be 343/auto

Son's car 1968 Javelin 6cyl/3 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic