TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Eagle with a Diesel Motor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eagle with a Diesel Motor
    Posted: Sep/30/2018 at 8:20pm
Diesel Brothers, Velosity Channel bought a AMC Eagle for $1000.00 w/ title and plan to remove 258 and replace with a at this point a unknown Diesel engine. Date is 9/29/18 at 9PM Don't know when it will be Continued after repowering a old Willys p/u
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2018 at 9:00pm
I think there were just a couple of Eagles completed by AMC with a Renault diesel.  There is one at the Rambler Ranch in Colorado I think.  I am confident someone will provide more details. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 2:57am
Turbo Diesel Eagle information:

http://www.amceaglesden.com/images/Eaglebook/17bookvariants.pdf

They built five to eight turbo Diesel Eagles. They are ungodly rare and were ungodly expensive when they were new. I have personally seen and touched one. It is at the Rambler Ranch Museum in Colorado, where it has been sitting outside under a tree for at least five years awaiting a new turbo and restoration. It's hiding out in the roughly 20 acre forest boneyard with about 500 other cars, mostly AMC, and mostly Eagles, so most people don't even know it's there or notice it. I didn't even know it was there until I heard Terry talk about it. I watched it get nailed by apricot-sized hail two years ago. I was living and working on the property when it happened. It fared better than most of the other 500 cars, including my own. The tree helped save it, by God's good grace. 

I'm in love with her. She is one of the "AMC Royalty", as I refer to them, at the Rambler Ranch. There are other cars there that are even more special....like the only one built or less than 102 original miles special. Being able to touch and sometimes drive them was one of the truest gifts I've experienced thus far. Some of them recently made articles in Hemmings publications. I was there for the photoshoots. Who do you think was detailing and driving the cars out of the buildings for their moment of fame? LOL

Proof that it exists. Snapped these photos myself. Last registration tag on the license plate is 2011. That is likely when it was parked under this tree and it hasn't moved since. 

Edited by FSJunkie - Oct/01/2018 at 3:09am
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 3:45am
Makes sense that there'd be a "missing link" Diesel Eagle,
since the Diesel Cherokees and Comanches were available within a year of the lines being introduced (1985 I believe).

Pretty cool!
 I had never heard of a Diesel Eagle until now.

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 11:24am
I'm pretty sure they will be building a much bigger diesel....these guys go big. lol 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 3:00pm
Wish you had an engine photo
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 3:31pm
I was under specific instruction to not raise hoods without permission, but yes, I should have. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 6:11pm
I cannot confirm that AMC did/didn't put a Reneau sp? Diesel into the Eagle.....then the program shows the Bro's
Traveling cross country in the Eagle with the usual headliner falling down only to find the car sitting on the back
Of a flatbed truck! How will the Bro's attach the Diesel oil pan with the front drive?
knobbler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 8:17pm
Here's a promo sheet they had about them that I saw posted somewhere not too long ago. Note the big gulp fuel tank option!

83GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by knobbler knobbler wrote:

Note the big gulp fuel tank option!

Geez!  1500 miles!!  50-60 gallons ?
2014 Star Stryker - Only Ride
1992 Bayliner Trophy Walk-Around
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic