TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

eagle bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmhuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eagle bumpers
    Posted: Dec/06/2007 at 12:04pm
does anyone know of any after market bumpers for an 81 eagle that have a little more beef than the stock ones?

or do wrangler bumpers from the same year fit????
IowaEagle View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaEagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2007 at 12:16am
No after market bumpers that I know of.  Typically, AMC Eagle and aftermarket are not found in the same sentence.  Cry     I have a '95 XJ and the bumper looks very similar so MAYBE the early XJ's MIGHT be adaptable.  You may have to use the XJ end caps though, if the bumper should be able to be used,  as I don't know if their end cap mounts up the same as the Eagle's.

Edited by IowaEagle - Dec/07/2007 at 12:17am
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2007 at 12:23am
Talk to kirkwood about bumpers. His AMX he recently sold was modified as far as bumpers, and they'd be at least similar to some Eagles.
You won't find something that will be a bolt-on and allow you to use your trims without some doing, I'd suspect.
IE is right - Eagle/aftermarket is like using "senate" and "intelligence" in the same sentence. It's a contradiction. 
More close to Eagle and Fast in the same sentence, however.............
jimmhuth View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmhuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2007 at 10:32am
so there are absolutely no beefy bumpers that anyone knows of???

that blowsCar%202sweet camaro huh!
haha
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2007 at 10:56am
There were a couple aftermarket bumpers offered when the Eagle was introduced in 1980. I remember one that had a built in winch. Good luck finding one now though!
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic