TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dealer Sticker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaitil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 9:35am
Hello Dealer Daughter,
Just thought I'd let you know that I'm fairly sure you dad new my grandfather and Uncle that also worked at TALOR ROGERS for many many years.  I certainly do remember you dads name Ken Seger!

My grandfather was Bill Lenahan and he was the service manager there and as well my Uncle Bill - William Magee he sold the cars in the front along side a man named Vino (I think it was).  

I also went to school behind the dealership at Bala Ave. Junior Public School.and spent a lot of time at the garage.

Small world, would love to see photos if you have them.  I have a couple but can seem to get them loaded here.  
Artful Dodger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artful Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2014 at 1:42pm
Many thanks Kaitil.
Do you have any info on when Taylor-Rogers purchased the business from Ken Seager? How long were they in business.
I would love to see your pics of the building. I think others on this site would as well.
If you can not figure out loading to this site, I could send you my em address and you can send them to me. I will load them to your credit.
I chatted with Ken Seager's daughter some time ago and she said she may have pics as well.
I hope to be able to send her a copy of the original bill of sale for my Rebel as she thought her dad would be pleased to see it.
67, 770, 232 Auto
Dealer Daughter View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dealer Daughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 6:16pm
It is so interesting and fun to get your email about how your story
with Taylor Rogers.  I forwarded it to Dad (the owner of Ken Seager
Motors before he sold it to become Taylor Rogers) - it made his day!!

He told me that both your grandfather and uncle were there when
he bought it from the former owners.  He spoke very highly of
both of them   He was most familiar
with your uncle, Billy McGee, and he said  "he was the best
car salesperson he ever had - pretty magnificent".

Earlier posts may have mentioned that my Dad, Ken Seager,
is still living - he'll be 91 soon and in good health. Dad said he hopes both
Bills are still living and if they are not, they will have
a great spot in heaven because they were good good people.

Thank so much from both Dad and me for being in touch!
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dealer Daughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 6:19pm
Ps - Dad has some pictures for me when I see him later this month --
I am sending them to Artful Dodger and will include you too!
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artful Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2014 at 8:54pm
Hi Dealer's Daughter
Finally back home in Ontario.
Scanned my Ken Seager bill of sale.
Perhaps as you suggested, your father will recognize the purchasers name and certainly the salespersons name.
If you send me a pm (private message), I will send my email to you.
If you wish, you could send me a pic of the dealership so I can post it on the site.
Edit..
Oops, by reducing the pic to meet the sites rules,it loses detail.
The purchaser's name is Marian Kiryk. The salesperson's name is H. Robertson. Vendors signature authorizing the sale Looks to be S. Taylor, listed as Sales Manager.

Edited by Artful Dodger - May/01/2014 at 9:02pm
67, 770, 232 Auto
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dealer Daughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2014 at 8:45am
Thanks - fun to receive.
I am visiting with Dad right now and have some pics that I mentioned for
you ----- can you tell me how to send you a pm - I am not sure how to
do that on this site and I will --and will get copies of the pics to you.

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 5:11pm
This is the dealer that originally sold my AMX.   I called a couple of years ago and they are still in business, a Chrysler/Jeep (I guess Fiat-whatever/Jeep) dealership now.  The lady I talked with had been there many years but started after 1969 and she said they had thrown out all of the old sales paperwork from that long ago.   My bucket is includes a trip to Idaho for photo in front of the dealership though, someday.

Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artful Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2014 at 8:25pm
Hi Dealers Daughter;
Hope you and your Dad were able to find a few pictures of the dealership building on Weston Road.
You had said you were visiting with him at that time.
I did send you my email address, and you can contact me directly if you choose to do so. Hope you also received my info about the annual Ramblerama held in Manchester just north of Whitby in July.
Perhaps this would be of interest to your Father as well. A nice Saturday outing.
67, 770, 232 Auto
brainygadgetgirl View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainygadgetgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 10:18am
Hi there ~ I've been reading these posts with interest as I believe that my grandfather (Bill LeMoine) was associated/worked at this dealership in Weston.  In looking back trying to figure out some family history, I'm wondering if you might have any information that you could share with me?
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/19/2017 at 3:08pm
Cool thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic