TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

creepy thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xspiriment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creepy thoughts
    Posted: Aug/25/2020 at 5:16pm
Hi, for the mechanics that work on the hard concrete without lifts like me, any suggestions on a good creeper these days, My 45 year old wood creeper blew a hole through the middle sooooo its time to get a new one. Thanks Paul
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2020 at 7:33pm
Don't be a creep! Wink

My wife bought this for me a few years ago and it does what it's supposed to do:
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 5:08am
[QU

Edited by Hogman - Aug/26/2020 at 8:07pm
Hogman
3250man View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3250man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 12:17pm
I bought a "low rider" creeper from Harbor Freight. It's the grey one and rides lower to the ground which gives me a few more inches to work under the car. I, like you, have to work on concrete and recently, moving the car outside, now have to deal with an aggregate driveway. Tried the plywood but got splinters, so ended up getting a discarded/recycled fridge cardboard container. Creeper has soft wheels so moving around is much easier. Good luck.
1974 Mellow Yellow N-code AMX (restoring)- "Steve"
2016 Chevy Colorado (RIPP supercharged V6)
1973 Corvette
1974 Trans AM Red P-code AMX
snakeeyes View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 3:49pm
I got this mesh creeper.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-foldable-mechanic-mesh-creeper-4-rolling-casters/p-A010664370

Had it for 2 years now works great, no back sweat, and can take on road as its foldable. Only thing is its not rated for anyone over 250lbs.

Edited by snakeeyes - Aug/26/2020 at 3:56pm
Dave Z View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 5:54pm
I've actually been using big pieces of cardboard on the floor instead of a creeper. I have a creeper, but prefer the cardboard.

Dave Z
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 6:37pm
I've always been a fan of the card board myself. Of course I was usually working on a rock drive way. But now that I have a new garage I spent $20 on the Harbor Freight creeper and it is OK. As for Sears, I've brought a lot of sears tools over the years but Sears is petty much GONE. I don't expect to see any stores reopen after covid-19 is over. They all gone in the Las Vegas area except for a couple stores selling the left overs before the virus hit and i don't think see then reopen like a lot of other stores. LRDaum
LRDaum
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 6:41pm
I have tried to support Sears in recent years but have been disappointed every time.  Sears IS dead.
they call me Capt RETIRED!
Twisted70amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisted70amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2020 at 7:23pm
I use a lisle plastic creeper. It's been good to me, same as the plastic ones you'd get from one of the tool trucks. Depending where you get it, it'll have a lifetime warranty. I work on trucks so I spend a lot of time on it. Usually run one over before I have any problems (2 in 10 or so years) Also only rated for 250lbs I believe but it only carries the top half of your body.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2020 at 6:01pm
I've been using a FREE piece of 1/2" thick plastic coated carpet padding. Slick enough to slide off and has rubber dimples on the bottom to make it grip when needed. I thought about this, but I don't see enough padding.                     

67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic