TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cooly Rocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel 1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 5:36am
Great shots mate. was hard to get all flags flying at once.
52 Nash Statesman 62 Ambassador 63 Classic 4X63 Classic Wagons 64 Classic Coupe 65 Classic Coupe 65 Classic Convertible 67 American 68 Javelin 69 Javelin 69 Rebel Wagon 2X70 Rebel 70 Ambassador Coupe
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2013 at 7:44am
Truly awesome.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 3:48am
Originally posted by huddy1955 huddy1955 wrote:

My mission for 2014 is to help Gaz in finding more AMC's to attend. I will hunt down our NSW AMCers to attend next years event so expect a phone call from me to hassle you to attend. Lets make it 30 AMC's or more for 2014 at Coolangatta.

Steve Fripp
Looks like a great weekend was had by all Smile Nothing better then seeing a heap of AMC/Ramblers together. The cruise/convoy to the event would have been a highlight. Steve I hope to use some of your pulling (I don't mean that in a rude way LOL) power to see if we can get as many AMC's to the 1st annual AMC Rambler Raid (AMCRR) in Albury next year in March at the Chryslers on the Murray. The Cooly rocks and AMCRR could be made into 2 of the biggest 'must do' AMC shows each year for all us AMC owners which is something those interested in AMC's have been lacking for too long. AMCRR is able to cater for all year AMC's from the 50's up to 1987 and although I certainly don't expect to fill our area in the first few years we have been allocated space that could fit approx 80 to 100 cars on the bank of the lake at the venue. Albury has plenty to do in and around the area and being a central location between Melbourne and Sydney is easy to get to and I think if you are coming from QLD you can drive throught the guts of NSW which doesn't take too long I think? Adelaide is approx 10 hours, Sydney 5 1/2 hours, Melbourne 3 1/2 hours. Loved how, in Cooly, you had them all lined up from earliest to latest. Hope to get my Hornet there in 2015 for sure Smile  Great stuff
AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 4:31am
Originally posted by 70Hornet 70Hornet wrote:

My mission for 2014 is to help Gaz in finding more AMC's to attend. I will hunt down our NSW AMCers to attend next years event so expect a phone call from me to hassle you to attend. Lets make it 30 AMC's or more for 2014 at Coolangatta.

Steve Fripp

Looks like a great weekend was had by all Smile Nothing better then seeing a heap of AMC/Ramblers together. The cruise/convoy to the event would have been a highlight. Steve I hope to use some of your pulling (I don't mean that in a rude way LOL) power to see if we can get as many AMC's to the 1st annual AMC Rambler Raid (AMCRR) in Albury next year in March at the Chryslers on the Murray. The Cooly rocks and AMCRR could be made into 2 of the biggest 'must do' AMC shows each year for all us AMC owners which is something those interested in AMC's have been lacking for too long. AMCRR is able to cater for all year AMC's from the 50's up to 1987 and although I certainly don't expect to fill our area in the first few years we have been allocated space that could fit approx 80 to 100 cars on the bank of the lake at the venue. Albury has plenty to do in and around the area and being a central location between Melbourne and Sydney is easy to get to and I think if you are coming from QLD you can drive throught the guts of NSW which doesn't take too long I think? Adelaide is approx 10 hours, Sydney 5 1/2 hours, Melbourne 3 1/2 hours. Loved how, in Cooly, you had them all lined up from earliest to latest. Hope to get my Hornet there in 2015 for sure Smile  Great stuff

Mate, Cooly's has a december 1969 cut off, later cars that were there were only allowed if they had been entered over the last 2 or 3 years. It must be just getting too big. Thats a bummer because it'd be great to have every model in attandance. But after all, it is a 50's and 60's rock'n'roll festival.

Edited by AMConverted - Jun/14/2013 at 4:32am
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by AMConverted AMConverted wrote:

Originally posted by 70Hornet 70Hornet wrote:

Steve Fripp

Mate, Cooly's has a december 1969 cut off, later cars that were there were only allowed if they had been entered over the last 2 or 3 years. It must be just getting too big. Thats a bummer because it'd be great to have every model in attandance. But after all, it is a 50's and 60's rock'n'roll festival.
A pre 69 cut-off doesn't mean it still can't be a major AMC event for AMC's made before 1969 Smile. Hornet's were released late in 69 in the US so maybe a loop hole when I am able to get mine up there Smile. It's probably lucky they are allowed up to 69 as many Hot Rod/50's festivals draw the line at 64 and I remember when pre 48 was the norm for Hot Rod shows. Cooly looks to be a great show and definatly a must do AMC event each year, if you own a pre 69 of course. The Albury AMCRR should also be a great show (as it is now for the Chryslers) and our cars will definatly stand proud next to the Aussie/American Chryslers and provide a great contrast. Looking forward to it and both shows with such large established spectator bases will go a long way in showing the general public, most of whom have no idea what AMC's are and/or very rarely see any, what great cars we have Tongue  
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 6:17pm
Some of the general shows/cruise in's in Melbourne don't have a date cut off, but the car must have chrome bumpers.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2013 at 7:26pm
There are too many car shows out there I reckon which is diluting the impact some of them once had but the 2 best one's, in terms of size and amount of spectators, I can think of in Melbourne are the 2 Shannons Aussie and American shows at Flemington each year. But the Aussie one only allows Aussie built cars which rules out any imported AMC's and at the American one the AMC's seem to get swallowed up by the other big American cars although I reckon this could still be another main AMC event (in fact I think the Rambler club down there holds their Nationals there?). There is another American one at Canberra which I havn't been to yet but might try to check it out next time as it is only about 3 1/2 hours from me. It is fun to attend any car show but it would be good if we could co-ordinate a big AMC turn-out to at least 2 to 3 BIG shows each year that are in different areas to suit as many AMC owners as possible. IE Cooly perfect for northern cars and would have a great atmosphere on the coast and huge amount of spectators, Albury central for Melb and Syd with plenty to do in surrounding areas and also a huge amount of spectators, and a melbourne show for down south. Are there any BIG shows over in WA although traditionally it is very difficult to get people to attend over there no matter what type of car show or race or sport etc? Maybe SthOZ? There has never been a concentrated effort to get as many AMC's as possible together in the one spot regardless of club affiliation, state, types of cars etc so it would be awesome to change that hence why i am trying to get as many cars to AMCRR next year. Another event I was thinking of before I settled on the Chryslers on the Murray was booking a drive-in movie screen/field at Dandenong drive-ins just for AMC's as I sort of know the owner there but, although it would be a fun night, it would only show our cars off to those who already own them and I am along the lines that I would like to show our cars off to all of Australia to show there is more to the car world then Ford, GM and Chrysler Smile I am pretty excited about the AMCRR just to see a variety of AMC's together in the one spot and the reaction the spectators give to them. Plus to meet a few other AMC guys and girls. Geeez I write a lot LOL      
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 5:11am
As far as WA goes, the Classic Car Show at Whiteman Park is probably the biggest thing on the AMC calendar, after that it's probably the Chrysler Expo, it really would be good to see a few more Ramblers at other events, usually it's only one or two. I had the only Rambler at the Aussie Car Day this year compared to about 30 P76's, so I think we need to lift our game a little.
The AM Javelin Register of Australia crew generally have the American Car Day at Flemmington as their main event, well for the Victorian based guys and girls anyway, so you might catch a few Javelins there.  
gopedeler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopedeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2013 at 7:38am
Ahhh,the Jav!Nice to see "the trifecta".Maybe next year mine might be there to make the quad.At least it will be a (new) different colour.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic