TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Collier Motors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2015 at 8:59am
Originally posted by The Breeze The Breeze wrote:

I talked to a guy, who offered to buy one of their AMXs, but the asking price was astronomical.

Maybe if you were a visiting celebrity from a TV show, they would give you a decent price.

Merry Christmas!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

autotraveler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote autotraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2016 at 4:37pm
I visited Collier Motors back in 2009 and while I found all three generations of Colliers to be very gracious hosts, but as an AMC enthusiast and historian, I found the overall situation depressing.

That being said, when it came time to put together the premiere test/pilot issue of Legendary American Motors Magazine (LAMM) last month, for that issue's history story, rather than doing a new layout of my Randall AMC story that appeared a decade ago in Musclecar Enthusiast, I found all my Collier Motors files and did a new, from-scratch, six-page layout.

What I found interesting was that the images all had a strange, otherworldly glow about them. It was a very overcast day and I can't remember having employed post-shot processing so the effect remains unexplained.

You can take a look at this video slideshow to see the whole issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLieCfmu02Y

If after watching the video you want to buy a copy of LAMM, please visit the title's Amazon page where both print and Kindle eBook versions are available for $10.99 and $3.99 respectively.

http://bit.ly/OrderLAMMonAmazon

If you live in Canada, you can order LAMM from Amazon's Canadian website.

http://bit.ly/LAMMonAmazonCA

Happy Holidays,

Richard Truesdell
Founder and Editor, Legendary American Motors Magazine

ADAM12MATADOR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ADAM12MATADOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2016 at 9:46am
Went there a couple of years ago on a road trip to Florida. Located in a visually depressed area. One traffic light and a train track thru the middle of town. No real industry or any box stores. The town is like the dealership where time stands still. The owner is a quiet guy with pics of Patton and Roosevelt on the office walls. I spent about  an hour and a half waking around the dealership grounds. The Goldwater AMX was inside the shop building. All the buildings are in disrepair or collapsed. The showroom roof fell in and the paint room / body shop is basically 3 walls. The service dept building is large with quite a few cars but the roof leaks everywhere and there are stacks of scrap and used parts all over the place. Saw the Healy's and they were rough. Yes all the cars are for sale for the right price. The owner told me he recently sold a Machine and a couple of Javelins. Yes it is sad that the cars are there deteriorating but they are his to do with what he wants. Maybe walking around looking at his cars or sitting in his office reminds him of past good times. It might just give him a purpose in his life and thats what keeps him going. This is only my 2 cents.
autotraveler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autotraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2016 at 10:40am
Hi Adam12Matador.

I hope you'll buy a copy of LAMM and check out the story I wrote. Sounds like your experience was similar to mine in 2009.

Happy Holidays,

Richard Truesdell
ADAM12MATADOR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADAM12MATADOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2016 at 12:15pm
Hi Richard. Did that road trip in 2012, so i guess everything got more deteriorated since you were there. I personally would love to see the  dealership  restored and turned into a museum. But like i stated, memories of days past keep that old gentleman alive.  Will have to add your book to my Christmas list. Happy Holidays to you and yours.
74gremx258 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2018 at 8:09am
Mr. Robert Collier sr. passed away on February 11, 2018, at the age of 88.  He was survived by a daughter and 3 sons.
racerM95 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerM95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2018 at 6:24pm
Didn't Rutlidge Wood (sp) from Top Gear, buy some parts from Collier's on his own show a few years back ?
tuffypuff View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tuffypuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2019 at 11:02am
My dream would be to hit the lottery and purchase collier motors and restore the place back to her glory and restore AMC cars.
racerM95 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerM95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2019 at 10:58am
tuffy: if you do it please let me know, I used to work for an AMC Dealer in the parts Dept...  If i dig far enpough I probably still have the factory microfiche ;)

POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by racerM95 racerM95 wrote:

tuffy: if you do it please let me know, I used to work for an AMC Dealer in the parts Dept...  If i dig far enough I probably still have the factory microfiche ;)

i also worked in a Parts Dept.
Dick Clifton motors.. west broad street Columbus Ohio..
I do have microfiche and a viewer and a few other odds and ends from way back when...
what i hated the most was checking part #;s in the book, only to see the
# changed 10 times, before you got to the DISC.   #... !-(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic