TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bob's 70 AMX project car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2021 at 6:58am
More work done got front suspension together, most of the engine compartment finished, just have to hook up the MSD box power source. Got the rear end disassembled and found that i am going to need new ring and pinion, spider gears and clutches. Still not sure why the pictures get turned side ways. But moving ahead got new leaf springs, exhaust and rims in this week. Going to be installing doors, fenders and rear valance next week. 
green70AMX
green70AMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2021 at 7:13am
Pictures of doors, fenders and rear valance. need to be buffed out then install
green70AMX
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2021 at 6:26am
Got the doors and fenders installed yesterday Starting to become a whole car again
green70AMX
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2021 at 6:55am
Been a busy month got rear end rebuilt and reinstalled with new eaton springs tires mounted on rims and installed, finished dash install, got all of the MSD wired and front and rear windshields installed along with the drivers door window. Going to set the torque links today and work on the rest of the windows.
green70AMX
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green70AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2021 at 12:23pm
It has been awhile since I updated my progress with my AMX . It is almost complete and hopefully will be on the road in the next month. It has been a very long process but i have learned so much and i owe a lot to a lot of people on this forum for their help 
green70AMX
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2021 at 1:56pm
That is coming out so beautiful.  I said it before, I'll say it again, I'm jealous.
Would like to see it in person so if you ever head south for a show I'll have to head north to see it.
Bill O.
70 AMX
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2021 at 4:09pm
Nice work, coming along very well.  Remain patient and keep going!
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2021 at 6:56pm
Looks great!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2021 at 5:26pm
VERY NICE BOB!

1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/17/2021 at 5:41pm
Beautiful car, may I ask what colour it is, or the paint code? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic