TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Australian motorsport AMC's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2018 at 5:34pm

https://youtu.be/krf0WfLLHCk - https://youtu.be/krf0WfLLHCk

If the link doesn't work search YouTube: Myrniong Sprints 2018 AMX. Having a little fun with the AMX a few weeks ago.

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2018 at 9:44am
Looks like fun Smile

Anyone else been having some fun in their AMC lately?
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2018 at 11:44pm
Not an Aussie javelin but check out 20minutes 50seconds on this old video. How not to drive your Javelin Smile The rest of the video is a fun trip back in time too. Love the old style footage and style and the cars and racing. Fun days!! Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM7S5BclZwg
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2018 at 1:52am
I'll just slip this in here, fastest Barra powered street car in the country:

I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2018 at 5:20pm
Wow is that 7 seconds? And street registered. Cool Smile My father in law raced rails back in the 70's when many of them could only just achieve that time let alone a street rego sedan
Ray Bell View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2020 at 6:53am
Quote Originally posted by Ray Bell
Not a problem...

I'll come back with more when I get a chance.

About time, I suppose...

Here's the Kleinig Hudson at Southport in 1954:

That's a rare photo of it after the body was changed. Frank bought the body off a Maserati which had been held by Customs because the importer wasn't prepared to pay the import duty or something similar. The MG chassis was narrowed, a narrowed Hudson rear end was fitted which meant the driveshaft wasn't under the driver, it was finally a single-seater and it had an independent front end from a Peugeot 203.

It was definitely a better-looking racing car in this form. But it never ran a single race.

The special lightweight battery made for it failed before the start of the Grand Prix at Southport and it was a non-runner. After that Frank refused to take the car out again.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2021 at 1:59am
https://youtu.be/5QeVxd4ZxAs

Link to YouTube video of slogging the trusty AMX at Rob Roy Hillclimb last November in the wet. If the link does not work search 'AMX does Rob Roy Hillclimb 2020 - in the wet'. I was not alone in slipping and sliding.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2021 at 5:40am
That's awesome, good to see you getting out there having some fun. Is Ray Sprague still competing at these events?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2021 at 5:47am
I've posted this elsewhere, but it probably should go in here as well. Some semi-professional video of my Gremlin doing some 1/8th mile match racing, good thing I was quicker than my old mate in the Dodge because he got me off the line every time: 

As the commentator says, it's the fastest Gremlin on the West Coast (of Australia), not withstanding the fact that it is the only one racing over here Big smile
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/07/2024 at 4:39am
Another one for the collection:

After Brad's Uncle Stan Ludlow Retired from racing after winning RDA Ellenbrook Speedway Production Sedan Titles in the early Nineties, A 17 year old Brad was thrown in the deep end in a 1968 Rambler American straight onto the Big Stage under the Claremont lights with the best in the business at the time with over 25 cars in the field.
Ben Thought it was a good idea?? His only words of wisdom to Brad were what colour the lapped car flag was and to look out for it when Freeman, Rose and company come around to lap you.
After dodging a Flipping Fish Telenta in the 2nd heat, Brad recovered to drive up to a 5th place finish in the Feature Race on debut.
There were some Rookie Mistakes and arguments along the way (It was good having a Larger Uncle stand Body guard most of the time) but Between December 1993 and April 1994 he went on to win 3 Feature races and 7 Heat races and the coveted John Day Driver of the Year (For Modified Sedans) in his Rookie year.
Not bad for a Rookie in a Old Girl with a bunch of power and a lot of stories to tell.
This Car was originally built for Craig Watkins for the 1989/90 season, after 2 season's, Stan Ludlow dominated Ellenbrook with it, Then Brad raced it for 2 Seasons 1993/94 and 1994/95, Steve Larson then brought it and raced it up North for some time before it made it's way back home and somehow ended up on the Oldfield Farm up near Bullsbrook.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic