TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2018 at 8:25pm
Took to the engine bay today with a couple of cans of spray greaser so now it's clean and oil free again. New alternator belt installed, Bosch one this time, might stay on a little better than the el cheapo parts store one, might not either. Also adjusted the shift linkage, so hopefully I will have 3 gears again.

Since I hadn't done the obligatory video with the new exhaust, here it is:

Looks like it is all set to go again.

I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2018 at 7:25am
Well it seems like no serious damage was done and the new exhaust seems to have helped just a little bit:

steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2018 at 8:17am
Nearly a full second is substantial. You gotta be pretty happy with that. I'm guessing 'seat of the pants' feel was fun too. Glad to hear.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 11:26pm
So it was all corked up huh... Beer
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by steinercj5 steinercj5 wrote:

Nearly a full second is substantial. You gotta be pretty happy with that. I'm guessing 'seat of the pants' feel was fun too. Glad to hear.

Was actually more than a second, only ran 13.52 with the old exhaust, definitely worth making that change.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 9:29pm
Looks like there will be a short break in proceedings due to some fool falling off a ladder at the weekend and fracturing several bones in his foot:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 9:53pm
It's about time for an update. I couldn't do much while the foot was healing so tinkered with a couple of small cosmetic jobs:

I'd accumulated a bit of a collection of factory mirrors in various states of disrepair:

With the addition of some new glass, I managed to cobble together a couple of non-remote mirrors from that lot (passenger side is not finished yet):

I also made up a new door card backing from aluminium composite sign board over a year ago:

While functional, it was not very pretty. The factory door cards are padded, I thought something similar was in order and so cracked out the foam padding and contact adhesive to replicate this:

Then re-applied the original factory vinyl over the top, little bit bumpy in places, but certainly a big improvement:

Ok, neither of these things are going to make it go faster and some might question the wisdom of adding additional weight, but it's done now.

Now onto to the more important stuff, back to the track for Mopar night this week. But a bit of fun first, there were some hot hatches lined up at the track, so thought I would get in on the action: 

Then it was time for the on track action:

I actually had a really good night, it took a little while to get going, I'm going to blame the 10-12 mph head wind at the track that did ease off towards the end of the night and let me finish with a new PB of 12.23 @ 110.75 mph.

Green is a PB, yellow is the best on the night. 

Starting to get a sniff of 11's now.

Edited by WesternRed - Dec/20/2018 at 3:59am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 10:02pm
Couple of runs:

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 10:09pm

Seems like there is a bit of scope to improve 60' times with the current mph.

Edited by WesternRed - Dec/14/2018 at 10:11pm
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 10:44pm
Running strong! Congrats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
  Share Topic