TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMXdreamers 1970 AMX Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2010 at 5:17pm
Tony might eat off of it once in a while! LOL

Edited by Fluffy73 - Apr/04/2010 at 5:17pm
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 12:48am
lol Yes I plan on driving it to local shows and cruises and next year after some test drives I will drive it to some of the shows a little bit further away. I'm not building a garage ornament!
PS thanks for the kind words!
ArnieG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArnieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2010 at 6:09am
Real nice job, I hope when my AMX grows up some day it looks like yours.
Cape Cod, MA.
1970 AMX frost white/shadow mask
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2010 at 2:36pm
Does anyone have a drawing or pictures of how the AC control attaches to the weather eye? The hole in my weather eye is large enough that the retaining nut will not hold and I am hoping the hole hasn't been enlarged by a previous owner. The control was tucked up under the dash when I purchased the car so I have no reference.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 3:14pm
I just noticed I haven't updated my thread for a while here so i thought I would cut and paste some stuff from the other forum for those that don't make it over there.

Today was nice out yet not as hot as it has been and with rain right around the corner I thought I should get my front bumper ready for installation. I prepped and cleaned the back side and painted it silver to slow down the "rusty crustiness" that occurs on the back of the AMX bumpers. It looked so good I thought I might as well just install it. Man does it make the front of the car come alive! I am officially excited about working on the car again! Hoping to work on it some more in the coming days!

Does anyone have any ideas regarding heater cables? Mine are in sad shape and would like some new cables.

There are still things that need changing. I have to add all my detail stickers, need a new oil filler cap (this one I purchased from a vendor and is crap), fender bar bolts to be bare blah blah blah but she is getting there.

It's official I HATE WIRING CARS! I enjoy working on parts of wiring and stereo installs but rewiring an entire car trying to figure out what goes where really licks hiney! I have a sore back today from working under the dash so much over the weekend...progress is there it's just really slow!  Grin

Hopefully I can keep making time to get into the garage so I can get the wiring done before I forget everything I have figured out! Once the wiring is done the floors get dynamat, carpet and the finished interior can get installed! Off to the exaust shop for some pipes and.....

Not much for pictures but it's progress non the less!  Cool

Question for folks though. Should there be some sort of stearing stop? I was under the car yesterday running some wires and turned the wheels and was surprised when the tires hit the control arms!  Shocked That's not right!!!!!!!

Edited by amxdreamer - Nov/14/2017 at 10:07pm
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
amcrules00 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcrules00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

lol Yes I plan on driving it to local shows and cruises and next year after some test drives I will drive it to some of the shows a little bit further away. I'm not building a garage ornament!
You say that now.
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by amcrules00 amcrules00 wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

You say that now.

yeah, I remember having said that at one time, too!Wink
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:03pm
I have wanted to drive this car for almost 26 years...I wanted one when I was 16! Trust me, i'm going to drive it!
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:31pm
Question for folks though. Should there be some sort of stearing stop? I was under the car yesterday running some wires and turned the wheels and was surprised when the tires hit the control arms!  Shocked That's not right!!!!!!!

There are Turning radius stops ( one on each side) Gr.# 10.010.1  Part# 3194884 
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2010 at 7:46pm
These are the same for your car according to the parts books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1974-AMC-Javelin-AMX-power-steering-stops-/120619001089?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1573e501

Edited by sidewinder - Sep/08/2010 at 7:47pm
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic