TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMXdreamers 1970 AMX Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2020 at 8:46am
My understanding is that it goes to the farthest DS outboard screw that holds the filler panel between the radiator and the upper rad support. 

Edit: I just took a look through Tony's thread(fun to do, regardless if you need info) and on page 11 there is a picture that shows the overall engine bay. If you look closely, you can see the ground wire on the filler panel, as above. 

Chris 

Edited by ccowx - Nov/29/2020 at 9:00am
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by ccowx ccowx wrote:

My understanding is that it goes to the farthest DS outboard screw that holds the filler panel between the radiator and the upper rad support. 

Edit: I just took a look through Tony's thread(fun to do, regardless if you need info) and on page 11 there is a picture that shows the overall engine bay. If you look closely, you can see the ground wire on the filler panel, as above. 

Chris 

Just ran into this picture on our 70 AMX. I know you found what you're looking for but, here's another picture just the same. 

Rich Corsello
DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Ram Air Rick Ram Air Rick wrote:

Originally posted by ccowx ccowx wrote:

Chris 

Just ran into this picture on our 70 AMX. I know you found what you're looking for but, here's another picture just the same. 

Thanks Chris and Rick.  Now I know where it's supposed to go!
TheCanadianAmerican View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCanadianAmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2020 at 4:58pm
wow this thing is nice!
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2021 at 5:58pm
Picked up an AMC part numbered R4B for Peggy. Correct for concours judging :)

Hopefully the big C is done soon so she can be back on the showfield.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2021 at 7:02pm
Awesome car. And I like your car. Its awesome....
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2021 at 9:07pm
Where'd you go to take those pictures?? I'd hang out there any time, even without my car!! 
ccowx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 8:43am
Looking good as always and like any lovely lady, Peggy needs a bit of jewelry!

Chris
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 11:07am
Make sure that R4B will fit under the hood before throwing it on there. The stock 390 cast iron intake manifold is actually pretty good for flow already and it fits under the hood, although it’s a bit heavy. 

Beautiful car, great job 
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2021 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

Make sure that R4B will fit under the hood before throwing it on there. The stock 390 cast iron intake manifold is actually pretty good for flow already and it fits under the hood, although it’s a bit heavy. 

Beautiful car, great job 
Tony doesn't have ram air, and he already has an Edelbrock Performer intake installed. The R4B is essentially the same height.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 25262728>
  Share Topic