TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMX/3 Reproductions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGrooters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/31/2021 at 1:32pm
I have been looking at those CAD files for the AMX/2 and wonder if reproducing THAT car instead of the AMX/3 would be feasible?  Personally, I like the solid wedge of the nose instead of the Italian "M".
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2022 at 5:28pm
Ah here it is, I found this original thread again, buried on page six as they would say in the newspaper business. I had started another discussion, but it was just a little over one page, so I am going to stop posting there and come back to this one, the original. Special thanks to Leon (401AMBO) for reigniting the AMX/3 replica program. Sometimes good projects get a second chance. Your enthusiasm, phone calls and support are greatly appreciated. Because of Leon, Mike Mendeola is working on our adapter solution to connect the AMC V8 to the Mendoela SDR 5 speed. There is a charge on my credit card this week for a flywheel from Mike. I am expecting other charges soon as Mike buys the clutch parts and raw aluminum needed to mill the adapter. The solution is to run a Porsche flywheel on the AMC V8 instead of the big stock AMC flywheel. This allows for the use of the Mendeola bellhousing with a Porsche starter and the clutch dimensions are better too. Thanks Leon!

Edited by AMX390 - Jun/22/2022 at 6:56pm
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2022 at 8:18pm
Always one of my favorite threads to follow, glad to see it coming out of hibernation. Just watched the youtube. Thanks Mike and Leon!
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2022 at 7:18am
Are they going to match balance the Porsche flywheel to the AMC flywheel or internally balance the AMC V-8? I wonder which would be most cost effective. Match balancing the flywheel would make it easier to swap engines, but on a rather costly project like this I doubt that is of much concern.

I could see someone getting one of these kits and putting a more modern engine in it though. Would no longer really be an AMX replica, but it would still be a beautiful car. Just stick the Bizzarrini Sciabola name on it instead of AMX...
Frank Swygert
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2022 at 11:18am
PlazinJavelin- Thanks for the comment, this is a team effort and we're rolling again thanks to Leon.

Farna- Because we are using a 1970 390 CID engine that was built and dyno'ed in 1993 by the Oklahoma Jeep Club and then shipped in a crate to California. I bought it with no flywheel, so we are going to take it apart, replace the valve springs, balance the rotating mass with the Porsche flywheel and put it back together with new gaskets. Who's the best with AMC engines these days?
Tom

Edited by AMX390 - Jun/23/2022 at 11:25am
I love The AMC forum!

AlbertaAMX View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbertaAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2022 at 4:00pm
Ermagerd! 

Glad to see this reignited. My all time favourite car. 

Is this the best place for AMX/3 updates? 
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2022 at 10:39pm
Alberta AMX,
Thanks for the comment, so funny! And that's great to hear you share the passion. Has anyone else received their AMX/3 model replica from Australia recently?
Tom

I love The AMC forum!

6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2022 at 9:12am
Oh yea, Love this thing!!!

sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2022 at 10:45am
Is there a link available on where to buy one of these models? 
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2022 at 12:58pm

I bought mine from the seller in Germany! He was a great guy. But now they are available from Replicarz here in the states.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
  Share Topic