TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Racing Headers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2019 at 9:59pm
Any suggestions for headers for a 71 Javelin 401 SST. I am not sure what brand would work best with this stock engine. Thanks
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by JAD JAD wrote:

Any suggestions for headers for a 71 Javelin 401 SST. I am not sure what brand would work best with this stock engine. Thanks

Jad,

We offer 1-3/4” or 1-7/8” long tube headers for your Javelin. You won’t find anything that performs, fits or comes close to the quality. I’ll need to know more about your engine and where you’re headed with performance and we’ll nail down the size that works best. I’ll be happy to help. Thanks. 

Nick
American Racing Headers
100% Made In USA Since 2005
DragRacingSpirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2020 at 11:44pm
FYI....if you can come up with a set to protype...the best factory built racing header that I have ever owned and fitted to an AMX or Javelin type car was a HEADMAN HUSTLER part number HED-95100. I have not seen a set since i sold mine like a retard about 15 years ago. Headman custom built every set.

They had a 2" tube and dogleg port with a 3 1/2" collector.

Best factory built race header I ever owned at the time and the ports were really nice...fit the dogleg really well on a stock max ported 291 head.

The only problem I had to address was fitting head studs....had to grind the flange for clearance.

On a low 11 street car that I had at the time they made 3 mph difference over a set of hooker 1 7/8X 3-1/2 headers.

They were the best quality header I ever owned for an stock chassis AMC at the time and I have not seen a set in 15 years.

Oh.....and they were $1000 dollars 15 years ago and mild steel !

I wish that I still had them, I would have sent them to you to check out.

I sold them to an AMC racer in KC at a swap show, I didn't need them at the time.

I bet I can come up with his name and find out if he knows where they are at.

FYI

Edited by DragRacingSpirit - May/14/2020 at 12:07am
Best 1/4 mile 8.99, 1/8 mile 5.71, 60 foot 1.27, no power adders
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 2:00pm
I'm not sure anyone has posted up their 68-70 AMX exhaust.   I set mine out on the floor.  Ball/socket connectors at the header collector and behind the muffler.  Band clamps at all other connections (included).  All stainless, mufflers and tailpipes are polished, slash cut ends.

Bob
tufcj 
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 2:39pm
They look really nice !

I need a new exhaust for my 70 amx and will be calling them soon.

Thanks for the pics !
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 4:08pm
I have to ask.

Is the whole system stainless including the pipes/tailpipes/mufflers ?

What size pipes/tailpipe/mufflers are you running ? 2-1/2" or 3"

How much did it cost ?
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 4:21pm
All stainless including the mufflers.  I don't know if the clamps are stainless (didn't check).  The system is 3" thru the x pipe and mufflers, necked down to 2 1/2" over the axle, then back to 3" for the slash cut tail pipe.  It was $1495 when purchased in January, lifetime warranty.  Ran about $75 to ship from NJ to CO.  I do know ARH had a price increase a couple of months ago.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 9:08pm
I certainly wish he had this done before I toiled away on building my own!Confused Looks awesome!!!

6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by DragRacingSpirit DragRacingSpirit wrote:

They look really nice !

I need a new exhaust for my 70 amx and will be calling them soon.

Thanks for the pics !

They are still showing 10% off and free shipping right now!Big smile
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2020 at 7:14pm
What a nice setup and fair price. Throw us a pic under the car or a sound clip sometime. Very cool. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic