TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Aire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xspiriment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Aire
    Posted: Oct/16/2020 at 2:42pm
As in the subject name, Does American Aire add on a/c company exist or where i can get some info for an old system. Thanks Paul
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2020 at 5:12pm
The American Air name was used by AMC on dealer installed after market Air Condition kits.I don't recall what out side company made them for AMC , but back in the day you you could get any number of places add on an Air conditioning setup on your car. Sears auto used to do that sort of thing back in the day when there was a Sears. Same set up just your friendly AMC dealer's A/C came with a decal that says American Air .  LRDaum
LRDaum
xspiriment View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xspiriment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2020 at 8:43am
Thanks for your reply mramc, didn't know it was a dealer branded option. This is actually in my 1973 jeep j4500 p/u. Don't know how bad it is yet so i will go carefully through it piece by piece and Make it COOL Again (MICA). I will switch to a sanden compressor though. Thanks for your information. Paul
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2020 at 12:06pm
I was looking at adding A/C to my 71 Javelin, but without tearing the dash apart, trying to find all the correct parts, and then making sure everything works, I decided to look elsewhere. I would love to find one of the old American Air units that was made for these cars, but have not had any luck. It is a weird looking unit, but I had a good friend who had one in his car, and it worked great. I contacted 2 people who had mentioned having units removed from cars years ago, and neither one will reply. Does anyone have one in their pocket - LOL!? I have all parts except the inside/underdash unit.
Thanks,
Cricket

Edited by Cricket - Oct/19/2020 at 12:11pm
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2020 at 5:23pm
Yeah, I bought for cheap the remains of Jeep J pickup A/C to get the York A/C pump from the kit one time , so yes that can happen. LRDaum
LRDaum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic