TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightowl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Air
    Posted: Mar/06/2023 at 11:20am
I have a 74 Javelin AMX that has an after market air conditioning system on it. Presently, the car is stripped to do some floor pan work and a seat belt anchor repair. Was American Air an option that was added to the Javelin? I have owned it since 1976, so I assume the person before me must of added it. As the years have gone by, some of the parts deteriorated, and I did score another one out of Canada some years back. Does anyone know anything about this unit? Thanks
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2023 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Nightowl75 Nightowl75 wrote:

Was American Air an option that was added to the Javelin?
Yes, that was the dealer installed version of AC. I have two of the NOS under dash units for the small body cars, i.e. Gremlin and Hornet, stashed away.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Nightowl75 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightowl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2023 at 1:00pm
Do you think, just maybe there is an installation manual for these somewhere on the web?
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2023 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Nightowl75 Nightowl75 wrote:

Do you think, just maybe there is an installation manual for these somewhere on the web?
There is so much out on the web it would not surprise me if the manual was available. I check over the weekend but I don't think either unit I have has any documentation.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Nightowl75 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightowl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2023 at 7:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic