TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Sundancer 1982 in Finland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juhap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Sundancer 1982 in Finland
    Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 3:55pm
Summer 2022, a hot June day got new car home on a trailer.

Nice...

.. very nice..

..indeed...

But six years in a garage had left some signs...

T-top had turned grey.

Some vinyl paint and a little bit of glue fixed it.

It needed some touch ups... and battery cables.

Looks fresh.

Front seat had frozen motors... out the old ones...

.. in with the new ones... I had Concord seats, so it was easy fix.

A couple of "glory holes"? Oh no...

"Look mom, no holes!"

Rag top had some nasty screws. Needed better, so I bought some right ones.

Starter relay did belong to a John Deere tractor.

Got these fixed.

Cab cover fits nice...

Door window didn´t work well. No wonder if it had to work with this kind of rubber. And this was matter in both of doors.

Glass do not sit well, but I can live with that....so far...

This metal clip was missing, but I had one. So this was also easy fix.

Window motor is kind of finnish design... worked few weeks before jammed...

Doors needed some other work too...

Handles too...

Then it was time to made it street legal... tried to drive it to road test location, but old tires were bad, so it was impossible to drive.
Had to turn back and found a pair of tires and made a new try...

It passed that test.  Clap

I had a new set of whitewall tires waiting in a local tire shop for my Matador Coupe. So soon after road test I had new set of tires under this one.

It has had these stupid European Union lisence plates since its registration 2006...

So I changed those to standard plates. And placed those original Florida plates under them as decoration.

Found a pair of sun visors from my treasure...

Bushings were dead and caused heavy vibes...

Some maintenance done...
Bushings, gas line, and such...

New bushings...

Air hose.

Eagle donated a heater valve...

I wondered why gearbox made noice sometimes... someone had made a transmission mount of his own design... did not work.

So a new one fixed that problem.

After very busy summer it was time to go to winter hibernation....

But I have to do some seat reparation. Front seats are in bad shape as well as rear one...

This is original co-driver seat... but driver seat had fixed years ago... in US I believe... and they had painted old and new leather to get it all same color...

To fix these, I bought a cow hide...

Next summer I´m going to use this much more than I did. But it needs some TLC and elbow grease before and during the summer.
I did order new brake calibers fron Rockauto and bought other brake parts. New bushings and such are needed... And some welding is needed too...

Battery tray and rest of that area are gone and repaired badly...
I have hoarded a lot of used parts (junk says my wife...), so I found this. It is a inner fender of a Hornet...

After some cleaning I found that i needs some new sheet metal.

I fixed it, now its almost like new.

Both front fenders have many dings and dents and some other paint damages... Engine bay needs cleaning and painting, there has been a battery explosion and acid has burnt though paint...  Dead

And the worst thing is that death wobble like some Jeeps do. It occures ocasionally, but is very disturbing... Angry

Edited by juhap - Feb/24/2023 at 3:58pm
American HT -65,American 220 2d,American 220 4d,American 330 Wagon(x2),American F/EX,Eagle STW(x4),Matador Coupe(2x),AMC Hornet 2d(x3),Jeepster 1950,Concord -81,Nash HT -52,Classic 2d -63,SC/Rogue -66
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 5:43pm
we don't see concords very much here--thanks for the update!
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 6:59pm
Nice work on a rare car. Thanks for sharing.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 7:38pm
Nice car!  I had forgotten about Sundancers until I saw one at Rambler Ranch in 2021.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 9:11pm
Very nice.  Something I have never seen before.  Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.
Bill O.
70 AMX
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2023 at 9:47pm
WOW, that is a lot of work in a short time. It is looking great so far. Looking forward to more updates in the future. Thanks for sharing!
juhap View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juhap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 12:06am
Yes, there were some pressure to update my summer time driver. I´ve had my previous one nine years now and needed some change...

I had two projects to replace this Matador Coupe, but couldn´t finish them in needed time (too many peojects going on?)

So Sundancer was an "easy" short project.... LOL
American HT -65,American 220 2d,American 220 4d,American 330 Wagon(x2),American F/EX,Eagle STW(x4),Matador Coupe(2x),AMC Hornet 2d(x3),Jeepster 1950,Concord -81,Nash HT -52,Classic 2d -63,SC/Rogue -66
maddvector View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddvector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 9:02am
Very Cool!
motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 2:51pm
quite the nice collection you have over there. very nice
69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
juhap View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juhap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2023 at 3:58pm
Those were only a little sample... current projects... Matador is a future project, needs alot of body panels and such to be original Oleg Cassini...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic