TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Final Chapter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Headquarters in Detroit is almost gone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsochacki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Headquarters in Detroit is almost gone
    Posted: Jan/19/2023 at 8:46am
rambler american 440
48K miles 232 I6 2 door
hardtop
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2023 at 9:00am
Neither of those links are working.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2023 at 10:14am
I didn't try the links, but a google search brings up the articles.  It's a shame that the main building with the tower couldn't be saved as it's the only thing architecturally significant.  But it's also 100 years old, hasn't had any upkeep in decades, probably also had major issues 40 years ago, is certainly full of asbestos....
RogerS. View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RogerS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2023 at 6:19am
 Agree on saving the main tower.  Unfortunately typical of most American cities disregard for preserving anything historical with their past. 
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2023 at 8:42am
I would rather remember it like this.  This was the last day that before the officially started shutting it down.  
I crashed the party and you can see me under the tree somewhere..  LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic