TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Final Chapter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC cars in video games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JetSetJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC cars in video games
    Posted: Jul/24/2017 at 9:31pm
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this before here on the forum, but there's this franchise of racing video games called the Forza series.  They take cars both old and new, and put them in this game where you can race around in which ever car you choose, and you can play with friends on a server against whichever car they're driving.  They have large variety which leads me to why I've brought this up.

Forza has a 1970 Rebel 'Machine', '71 Javelin AMX, '73 Gremlin X, and a '77 Pacer X.  The game's visuals are so good they're almost life-like, and the attention to detail is spot on.  They really did their homework on them and it's great to see AMC finally getting some recognition!  Anybody else heard of this?
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 8:16am
I am not a gamer, but noticed lots of videos of these AMC products on youtube when searching for other AMC videos. They seem to be pretty popular, so the younger crowds may at least have some familiarity with AMC body styles. Kind of neat to see.
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 8:42am
Should I bring Forza to Kenosha so you guys can play? :)
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
JetSetJohn View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JetSetJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 12:22pm
We MUST raise a youth of other AMC fans!!!  Which reminds me, could somebody ever get the rights to AMC and resurrect our beloved brand?  I hear it's impossible, but if done proper I think AMC could be the clever, innovative, tasteful, car company it was and get people interested.

As for bringing Forza to Kenosha; as much as I've love to go I can't, I'm stuck in New Jersey, haha.  You bring it if you want to, you and everyone else can enjoy! ;)
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 1:37pm
Forza also has my daily driver in it (Fiesta St),
so my son and I each set up games with 71 Javelin AMX's and Fiesta ST's in them to match my cars.....

only problem is you can buy options for the cars,
and my son made his AMX all wheel drive with an LS engine in it
 :-(
Where did I go wrong!? Lol

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by JetSetJohn JetSetJohn wrote:

We MUST raise a youth of other AMC fans!!!  Which reminds me, could somebody ever get the rights to AMC and resurrect our beloved brand?  I hear it's impossible, but if done proper I think AMC could be the clever, innovative, tasteful, car company it was and get people interested.

As for bringing Forza to Kenosha; as much as I've love to go I can't, I'm stuck in New Jersey, haha.  You bring it if you want to, you and everyone else can enjoy! ;)

Taking people away from the car events to go play a video game may be moving backwards haha
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
Shannock View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shannock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 1:50pm
I've seen these videos on YouTube, also. They look pretty real.
Here is a picture of one of their cars. A 1971 401 Javelin AMX. I think I've seen this car in person at Gettysburg.

JetSetJohn View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JetSetJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2017 at 2:42pm
Tell your son the Javelin is perfect as is (and in real life too).  I've heard reviews about the Javelin in Forza and people love it!  It's the most well balanced specs than any other car in the entire game, and overall people like its appearance.  Thumbs Up

That sounds great that you and your son play against each other in your cars!  My dad is the owner of a '85 Grand Wagoneer and the original owner of his '72 Javelin.  I'd like to get a copy of Forza someday so we can race too.  Forza has a '91 Wagoneer that looks pretty nice.
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 3:49pm
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2017 at 5:08pm
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic