TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC AM/FM CB Model 3235647

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slq5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC AM/FM CB Model 3235647
    Posted: Jan/26/2023 at 9:15am
I'm looking for information on the AMC AM/FM CB radio, model 3235647, manufactured by mitsubishi electric.  I have a few questions to get started for now.

1.  Where can I find the service manual?  I have found one for a different model more specific to AMC vehicles, with the larger faceplate.  This one will be installed in my 85 CJ7.
2.  When does the red led light come on for the CB?  Is it always on when in use or just when transmitting?
3.  Does anybody repair and test this radio combo?

Thanks!!
Steve
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2023 at 11:55am
There's a user on Comanche Club,
Jeremy:

he's the go-to guy for 1980'+ AMC/Jeep Mitsubishi radios,
I've never seen him mention the CB version, but he'd be worth asking what he knows about it anyway.

Here's a recent thread of his,
he also has a website.

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2023 at 11:56am
.....and welcome to the forum Thumbs Up
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
slq5150 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slq5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/26/2023 at 7:51pm
I appreciate the info and welcome.  I was in contact with Jeremy recently.  He's a great source of information, and sent me the service manual for one of the AM/FM Cassette players I have been tinkering with.  He's shutting the repair side down since he started a new job.  I'm still searching for the service manual for the AM/FM CB and plan to share it with him if I'm lucky enough to find it.  Great guy.
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2023 at 7:40pm
I have one I plan to sell

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic