TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Air Cleaner Decal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty dive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Cleaner Decal
    Posted: Dec/06/2021 at 12:32pm
Anyone have or know where to find the 360 2 barrel air cleaner decal as seen here?  I cant find one:

https://www.amarkamc.com/product.sc?productId=259
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2021 at 1:34pm
You might try Jim Osborn Reproductions.   They're on Facebook.   I found this link to their catalog.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Monk Daveohue View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Daveohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2021 at 9:15pm
Scotty, what other years does that decal come on?  I have a 73 360 two barrel Javelin AMX with no air cleaner at all, so that's what I'm wondering.
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/06/2021 at 9:31pm
APD has what looks like one.

No, never mind.  Its different.

Edited by troutwilly - Dec/06/2021 at 9:33pm
Bill O.
70 AMX
Scotty dive View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty dive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2021 at 12:18pm
That site I referenced above says 70's AMC with the 360.

I am not looking for 100% authentic, but want something that says 360 2 Barrel but curved to fit the air cover.

I reached out to Jim Osbourne (thanks for the lead) but so far they do not have it.

Keep the ideas coming!  Appreciate the help folks.  I wouldn't think this would be that difficult to find!
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2021 at 4:15pm
It would seem, then, you're looking for a decal for the air cleaner LID.

In the '70s, most of the AMC air cleaner decals were placed on the SIDE [vertical part] of the air cleaner. I believe the ones that are curved were only used through 1970.

Can't remember what was on my '70 Javelin 360 2-barrel, but I'm about 99.99% certain it wasn't a curved decal. 

Good luck in your search.

Edited by Buzzman72 - Dec/07/2021 at 4:19pm
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
amboamx70 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amboamx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2021 at 6:16pm
my 70 ambassador with the 4bbl 360 has a curved decal on the lid that says 4 barrel 360 high compression but i think all other decals were on the base
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/07/2021 at 9:10pm
Maybe you could call these folks and ask what specifically is in their "Technical Decal" kit.  Their web page on it is not very specific.

Bill O.
70 AMX
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2021 at 7:39am
304,360,401 air filter decals were on the front face of the filter base according to the parts manual.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/08/2021 at 10:32am
Were not 1970 AMC Air Cleaner Decal Stickers a 1-year-only design or style?
They fail to appear in the 1967 thru 1972 AMC Illustrated Parts Manual electronic version on-hand.
1971 & 1972 appear, they're different, rectangular, intended for the side of the air cleaner tub.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic