TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Accelerator cable conversion 67 Rebel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneprdude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accelerator cable conversion 67 Rebel
    Posted: Dec/01/2020 at 9:00pm
Hey all, 

I wondered if anyone has any pics of where the stock accelerator pedal bolts and cable run through the firewall on. 69/70 Rebel with a 290/auto. I have a 67 and have the parts just not the exact location. Thanks to motorhead_1 who has assisted me so far. 
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2020 at 6:51pm
All I have is the parts illustration, hope this helps. It seems that by the book all 69-71 AMC's used the same throttle assembly parts:

dneprdude1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneprdude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2020 at 8:00am
Thanks Trader. I was trying to find this as well on the web, but it was for my year. It does give me a nice visual of parts. Cheers!
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneprdude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2021 at 12:57pm
Still looking for where the bolts are. Anyone with a photo of there's so I could measure would be great. 
motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2021 at 2:23pm
would a better pic of mine help?
69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneprdude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2021 at 6:41pm
I was able to get close with it motorhead, but since it was a custom deal, it was hard to get the exact factory area. Thank you very much for the pics. 

She's been held up with her exhaust falling off. My welder isn't set up, so I had to find someone. Sad how hard it is for someone to bend some tube and weld it on. 

AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneprdude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2021 at 4:21pm
Please? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic