TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

74 AMX got keyed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 5:36pm
It sure doesn't sound like your insurance company had your back at all on that. Sometimes those Ins. adjusters get to be too friendly with the body shop owners. They all work together and together they have the system all worked out to work for them.

I would have changed insurance companies as soon as I cashed that check! They wouldn't get any more of my money! And I would be sure everyone knew the names of the insurance company and the body shops that jacked you around.

Dennis  

Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
dsm6678 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsm6678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

It sure doesn't sound like your insurance company had your back at all on that. Sometimes those Ins. adjusters get to be too friendly with the body shop owners. They all work together and together they have the system all worked out to work for them.

I would have changed insurance companies as soon as I cashed that check! They wouldn't get any more of my money! And I would be sure everyone knew the names of the insurance company and the body shops that jacked you around.

Dennis  

Totally agree with THE MENACE
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:00am
Actually State Farm has always treated me really good on the car insurance up to this point. And at first the adjustor was in agreement to do it right, but since the first shop was the one they do the most business with in the area (and probably saves them a lot of money) he took his side. I understand the insurance company has to make money, the body shop is what pissed me off more, especially when he was calling other body shops and telling them not to deal with me (we do the same thing in the plumbing industry tho). But on the other hand I pay $144 a year for full coverage antique insurance on my AMX, so can't complain about the premiums. I had Allied before State Farm and I paid more than double that in premiums for worse coverage.
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:15am
This 74 AMX is not an all original numbers matching car. As stated previously, it had a SBC 350 and TH400 in it before I got it. It is now a 360 with TC727. I did buy a 401 to go in this car, but after over 10 years of trying to get the block and heads back I am not sure I will have it back in time to go into this car. Another long drawn out sobb story...So there are some things that are not correct in the car, some of which I want to correct, some I want to make improvements on, and some I will leave.

Edited by hitman33dp - Apr/15/2014 at 12:44am
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:20am
The above pics were taken in my old garage in March 2011 when I decided to just do it myself and started stripping it down. The seats are 72 turtle back seats, they are in great condition, except tabs on the turtle backs cracked, I kept seat covers on them to protect them until car shows. I have 2 sets of 74 seats I would like to redo while doing this project. Notice the red paint that was hiding behind trim and door handles we didn't remove when we painted it the first time.

Edited by hitman33dp - Apr/15/2014 at 12:23am
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 12:26am
Here are some pics of my three 74's. Not pictured is my 71 SST that is half mine and half my mother's.

The middle red/yellow one was my first car I bought at age 14.

Edited by hitman33dp - Apr/15/2014 at 12:29am
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 1:04am
Jason, I just sent you a reply to your email.
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 1:14pm
Dickie, I replied, let me know.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 1:57pm
So after the storm took out my old garage and I was forced (arm twisted hard) to build a new garage. I started again on the AMX on July 18, 2013.

Edited by hitman33dp - Apr/15/2014 at 2:28pm
ypercy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ypercy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2014 at 4:23pm
Looking good so far! Mine was this color when I bought it. I have since repainted it gold and brown.
1974 Javelin
Instagram:
@thatgoldjavelin
@amcfan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic