TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

‘73 Levi’s AMC Hornet X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ‘73 Levi’s AMC Hornet X
    Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 7:38pm
Sale pending! Selling my two owner 1973 AMC Hornet X Hatchback factory Levi’s car. Fantastic condition! New Levi’s interior and carpet, 258 six cyl., auto with floor shift, P/S, P/B, A/C, X-package, factory Magnum 500’s with new 235-60/14 Radial T/A’s, new vinyl top, new side molding, 2 year old Diamond Blue Metallic paint (original color), new stripe kit. NOS  parts: Levi’s door pockets, Grille and turn signal lenses, hood emblem, taillights, X and AMC emblems, locking gas cap, rear bumper filler panel, tachometer (not hooked up yet). New rear hatch seal, restored tail panel. I set up the dash to be a rally pack option car (only thing that isn’t original), factory NOS tachometer, black steering column and leather wheel, blacked out gauge pod and glove box and have a set of NOS factory rally gauges (not installed) that go with the car. Engine compartment was painted back to the shock towers and there is enough paint to finish that. Firewall is original paint and is near perfect. No rust! Exhaust is fairly new, runs great and cool, shifts great, smooth ride, steers great and straight, doors close nicely, seals are very good, windows roll up and down easily. Rear hatch shocks in great shape. I also have the original window sticker. I just had the top end of the motor redone by Restoration Rods here in town. This is a very nice AMC Hornet X and with the rare Levi’s interior, just waiting for someone else to enjoy. $12,500. Car is in Meridian (Boise), Idaho.

Edited by hotrob - Nov/26/2020 at 12:17am
'78 Pacer pickup 401, 5-speed
'73 Hornet X Levi's, 258, auto
'72 Gremlin X 401, 5-speed
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 8:13pm
Absolutely beautiful car and so well equipped. It makes me miss my 73 Hornet X. I had the 360V8 and mine was Cordoba Brown.

Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
hotrob View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 9:17pm
I’ve owned a couple 360 hatchbacks. They are beautiful cars. Hate to sell mine but we’re selling the property and shop and I can only keep a couple.
Concours dude View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 10:16pm
A question...how old are these photo?  The sticker on the plate says 12.   
62 Classic 400
Past owned:
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2020 at 11:15pm
Beautiful Hornet !! My favourite styling of all the models …….
Its just popped up for sale a few years too early
Craigie.........

1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
390amx1 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390amx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2020 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Concours dude Concours dude wrote:

A question...how old are these photo?  The sticker on the plate says 12.   
That's likely meaning December....
69 BBB 390 Tremec 5-speed AMX (finally got it to where I want it and no place to go!)
08 Zo6 Corvette
18 Fiesta ST
19 Fiesta ST
08 Ram 1500 longbed
08 Yamaha Supercharged 235HP SHO Crusier Jet Ski's
einbier View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote einbier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2020 at 8:25am
Very nice car.
1970 Javelin Mark Donohue

hotrob View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2020 at 10:35am
Yes, in Idaho the large number is the month, the color is specific to the year. Interior and engine compartment are a day old. Exterior about a year old but no change as it’s been in my shop all this time. I’ve only put about 40-50 miles on it in the last few years.
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by hotrob hotrob wrote:

I’ve owned a couple 360 hatchbacks. They are beautiful cars. Hate to sell mine but we’re selling the property and shop and I can only keep a couple.

How much property and how big is the shop?  Do you have a listing?

Shocked
hotrob View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 10:00am
We are on an acre in the middle of town. The shop is 2-story. Downstairs is 3,000 sq. ft. (40x75) and includes an insulated garage area for winter work, another insulated space for office/etc. and another 3-room space for guests. I can still get 7-cars in downstairs plus one in the garage area and have plenty of storage space for parts. Upstairs is 16’ x 40’ or 620 sq. ft., where I had been storing the bins of parts I had purchased 25 years ago. Those are now sold so it is empty except for shelves. We are currently building a mother-in-laws quarters in the back so not sure where we’ll be price wise but it will over $1mil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic