TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

72 gremlin X egtting back into it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 gremlin X egtting back into it
    Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 8:33am
I started to watch Fast Monty's garage and I got the want to finish my restoring of my first  car I bought new. I ordered the car from Topel AMC in Kenosha, WI. I ordered it in the early fall, and picked it up December 24, 1971. Topel said that the car was the first v-8 ordered(they did have one in the showroom that I tried out). I remember WOW, this is me! Drove to California in the winter, and then just around where I grew up. My buddy and I(he had a 427 camero from factory and still has it) decided to paint our cars red, white and blue for the bicentennial. It was the end of me driving around in my Jolly Green Gremlin X. Started in 1974 and finished in ???. I had the car repainted with up to date base coat/clear coat several years ago
72 jolly green gremlin X
gremlin 72 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 8:47am
These are original parts that will not be put into car, but just in case. 304 engine balanced and blueprinted with forged pistons and heads o-ringed. I had it set up for a turbo charger from accel. t-10 4 speed and scattershield. We had a heavy snowfall in 1978 and the roof of the garage gave way and the engine was completely frozen with snow and ice. I have the Mr. Gasket inline shifter that I was going to put into the car.
72 jolly green gremlin X
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 8:51am
The car is in great shape underneath, just surface rust.
72 jolly green gremlin X
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 2:41pm
I like the jolly green!
72 Gremlin X
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 4:36pm
Looks like you could eat off that thing!  Very nice.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 9:16pm
The gas tank is in good shape, but I think I will send it to Moyer fuel tank repair. I am putting intank fuel pump
72 jolly green gremlin X
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2021 at 9:18pm
Forgot the pictures
72 jolly green gremlin X
kenoshakicker View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenoshakicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2021 at 10:17am
Nice car! I love the color too. If I may ask, what brand and model is the lift you have the car on? How high does it lift?
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2021 at 7:59am
The lift is a danmar maxjax lift. It will take the vehicle up 4 feet. I got a roller, adjustable height stool from harbor freight for $27.oo. Fits great with me under the car. I have a trans lift that fits under the car also. That is how I got the rearend out. Runs right thru the tunnel to the front. For me, well worth the price.
72 jolly green gremlin X
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin 72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2021 at 9:07pm
This is what my car looked like before the repaint.
72 jolly green gremlin X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic