TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Javelin/AMX LED tail lights.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2021 at 8:21am
I'm hoping that EP is not like a number of other fledgling companies.

Startups will take business from anyone just to get started, once they have a toehold, often their roots are forgotten and they're after the profit possible by serving the larger markets once those groups have discovered the startup company does great work.

AMC being the little guy on the playing field is the first to be forgotten by some. Thank goodness some companies have not forgotten AMC.

The interesting thing about EP is that their store shows the 68/69 Javelin/AMX and the 70 Javelin/AMX lights first before even Camaro ! YAY !  LOL alphabetical order ROCKS !

70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2021 at 9:40am
When I talked to the owner, my impression was that he was trying to fill the void of lesser known brands as long as it’s feasible. By having guys like you step up to pay to have them made, it does get them brought to market. 

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
RichBeyer View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichBeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2021 at 8:24am
As the 71 lense and housing assembly is about 3" narrower than the 70, can the EP boards be mounted closer together to fit a 71?  Can the boards be mounted on the lense?
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2021 at 8:35am
Originally posted by RichBeyer RichBeyer wrote:

As the 71 lense and housing assembly is about 3" narrower than the 70, can the EP boards be mounted closer together to fit a 71?  Can the boards be mounted on the lense?

Have you tried calling them to see if they have them available for a 71-72? I thought someone on here was getting some made for their car. If they did, they should have them.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
RichBeyer View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichBeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2021 at 8:38am
I have not tried calling them and will now do so, but they do not currently have them listed on their Website.
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by RichBeyer RichBeyer wrote:

I have not tried calling them and will now do so, but they do not currently have them listed on their Website.

They didn't have the LED kit for the 70 Javelin/AMX listed either until I sent in a housing and asked them to make a kit.
fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/17/2021 at 5:05pm
Ordered a set for my 70.  Hope they aren’t too much of pain to install!
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 7:03am
Originally posted by fast401 fast401 wrote:

Ordered a set for my 70.  Hope they aren’t too much of pain to install!

From the reports I've read, (mostly off of facebook) they are easy to install. Most have drilled holes in the housings. I'm not sure that's the method I will go with.

fast401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fast401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2021 at 1:44pm
Ordered a set on March 16th. Says April 10th for delivery. Must make them when ordered. Cant drive it until they get here. 
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!   AMX 19245
Facebook page - AMC Nation
www.fast-401.4t.com
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by fast401 fast401 wrote:

Ordered a set on March 16th. Says April 10th for delivery. Must make them when ordered. Cant drive it until they get here. 

I can understand why they make them as the orders come in. Who knows how many they can sell before the market is saturated, probably not many. I requested people to contact them if they wanted LED tail lights when I first discussed it with them. I was hoping to get 10 up front orders, I think we got three or four tops. Ten would have gotten us a substantial discount. There wasn't even enough interest at that time for them to make ten units. Go figure....
My guess is they've made less than 20 units total.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic