TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

7/16 head bolt replacements?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Roboto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7/16 head bolt replacements?
    Posted: Jun/29/2022 at 1:54pm
Anyone got a source for these? ARP sells a bolt kit but it doesn't have the studs up top for the accessory bracket on the driver's side. I'd love to do studs even (want to boost this engine.) I can't find any through the usual suspects either, just 1/2" far as I can tell.

I don't trust the bolts in there because when I got the engine one was broken off already.

I really don't want to have to do something rash like come up with a system to convert to 1/2 in the car!
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2022 at 2:12pm
Same engine as in a jeep. Check the Jeep suppliers. Believe Crown makes them.
CJ7Bear View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ7Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2022 at 10:42pm
I'm searching for the same 7/16" head bolts with the threaded section on top for my 1985 CJ7 with 258 I6.  I've come up empty.  I need two bolts with the threaded section on top in order to mount the idler pully bracket that came stock on my Jeep.  The rest of the bolts don't have to have this threaded section on top, which are available from ARP.  

Easy to find such bolts in 1/2" (with 7/16" threads on top) for a 4.0L Wrangler, but not 7/16" on both ends.  

Mr Roboto (or others) - any luck finding these bolts?
Mr_Roboto View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Roboto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2022 at 11:24pm
Nope. I ended up going to ARP, and I'm going to end up doing something with the accessory bracketry (tbd) to compensate for the loss of the smog bracket and the idler that I didn't have anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic