TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-70 window rollers and slides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxpeteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68-70 window rollers and slides
    Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 2:15pm
Does anyone make replacement window rollers , the conical ones and the rectangular slides? Is anyone interested if I have to have some made? I wont have a price till I get an amount to my machinist. I figure they could be made from delrin or UHMW. Any Ideas? Thanks
amxpeteo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxpeteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 2:32pm
My existing conical rollers dont turn and have some grooves worn into them. The slides flop around very loosely. Should i tighten them by gently bending the guides? I dont want to go down the wrong rabbit hole
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 2:58pm
amxpeteo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxpeteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 3:25pm
Wow you may be the AMC savior, Can I buy a set for a 70 AMX, I did not realize that the upper stop may be a problem also. Great Ideas
amxpeteo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxpeteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 3:27pm
OOPS sorry I did not realize that wasnt your post

JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2023 at 4:23pm
 Contact Greyhounds_AMX Chris the originator of that thread he might still have some available, I have bought the rollers and stiffeners he sells they are partly installed and will be done sometime in April.

J
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic