TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68-70 AMX & Jav Window Stabilizer Kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68-70 AMX & Jav Window Stabilizer Kit
    Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 6:23am
I've been working on this for a while and am at the point where I need a few other folks to try this out on their cars to see how it fits and works.

It's a two piece kit that you can install with the window still in the car, you just need to take off the inner door panel and the front weather strip cap to install it. Tools required are hex keys, masking tape, and a Sharpie marker. 

I don't know how this will fit on early 68 cars, as they had a slightly different setup for the window channel.

So for now I'm looking for two volunteers with 69-70 cars with floppy windows that would be willing to give this a try and report back on how it works in the next few weeks. Then I can make any changes needed and make a bunch of these up for sale.

If you would like to give this a try and can do it pretty soon as noted above please PM me and I'll send you out one of the kits, no cost to you of course.

Thanks!

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
70series70 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70series70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 8:15am
I would like to try a set. 

1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
1978 Matador Coupe Barcelona 360
SANCAPJJ View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 8:47am
I am currently installing windows and tracks on a 70 Jav.  I would love to try them - Thanks - JJ
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by 70series70 70series70 wrote:

I would like to try a set. 

Darn I wish there was a cheap way to ship to Canadia. I think we'll probably have to focus on folks in the USA as I can ship this stuff to them for just $3. 

Sorry about that!
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 9:02am
Originally posted by SANCAPJJ SANCAPJJ wrote:

I am currently installing windows and tracks on a 70 Jav.  I would love to try them - Thanks - JJ

Thanks JJ. Do you think you could give us some feedback within the next few weeks or so? Here's the kit parts:

In the upper left is a new front travel stop with bolt and washer, then at upper right is a little tool used to hold the bushing from the swing arm so you can sand it down a little bit, and then at the bottom is the swing arm stabilizer that goes into the curved channel.
1968 AMX 390 w/T5
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 9:45am
I'm not in a position to be a tester, got too much going on.   I'd love a set once you get it perfected.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 11:08am
WOW Chris, that is an awesome idea and very needed upgrade you came up with!!!
I'll be in line for at least one set if you end up making some.
Nice work man!!

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 11:51am
Thanks! I've been wanting to figure this out for decades and finally spent the time to do it.

I've also got new window rollers for the 68-70 AMX & Javelin in the works, these are 0.014" thicker than the originals and take alot of slop out of the rear portion of the window. Right now I'm revising my mold design as currently about 50% don't come out perfect, so I'm tossing alot in the trash. Once I have that situation resolved I'll cast a bunch of them and make them available to everyone.

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 12:43pm
I'm willing to give it a try too, but not sure I can get it done within two weeks, going to be gone for ten days beginning the 27th. I'm interested in anything that works to get the window more stable at the top of it's travel and so it doesn't pop out when at highway speed.
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
SANCAPJJ View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2021 at 5:16pm
I can try to get them in at least one side to test them in the next few weeks.   I am willing to pay the shipping if it helps.  Thanks - JJ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic