TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 6:19pm
The hood & cowl are all steel he took the inside lines of the indents  ( for lack of the right work ) and started the cowl there. Turned out perfect, or at least perfect for what I was looking for, it is a little different.

Everything is welded.

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 6:26pm
My body man said it was likely the most rust free 50yeR old car that has come through his shop.

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 6:45pm
So I tormented over color for a few weeks while the body work was getting done, I picked Avalanche Grey in the end. Our plan was to paint the car complete then take it back home to install the engine and tranny etc with the fenders and hood off and then take it back for final fit and a stripe plan we came up with.

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 6:55pm
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 7:05pm
The engine, trans, lines etc went smooth as all the fitting and modifications were already done. So in short order the car was going back into the car hauler for the last stretch at the paint shop

AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 8:12pm
Not sure about the swiss cheese'd hood....gotta let that sink in with the possibility of graphics. Had a sneaky suspicion the cowl induction was welded in place where the indent is. Darn creative and stellar craftsmanship. Thank you for sharing the build with the forum.     
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 9:13pm
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 9:20pm
My grill tabs were all broken, I had screws going right into the grill. I used a product call q-bond with some wax paper to fill in the holes and fix new tabs I made to the grill.

Edited by Alberta68 - Nov/03/2020 at 9:48pm
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 9:28pm
auto meter phantom gauges fit really well, I did the dash quite a few years back, will likely be doing a color change on the interior in spring and I have a few ideas ( will keep the speed holes to a minimum)LOL
will be working on building a console over winter which I am looking forward to

Edited by Alberta68 - Nov/03/2020 at 10:09pm
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2020 at 9:41pm

I am going with the Team lll wheels. I have the backs and need to order up the fronts soon. Engine is a 20 over 401, ross pistons that if I remember right we're -23 cc to get me a hair over 10.5 with Edelbrock heads. Cam is a mechanical dual pattern 238 - 248 on 112. I'm running an 830 Demon cause I have it and a Torker. MSD BOX and distributor.I believe it is going to make some torque!
Well that pretty much brings my project up to where I am at today, interior and wiring in the spring along with adding the chrome which is all black now.

Edited by Alberta68 - Nov/03/2020 at 9:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic