TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 11:13am
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 11:32am
I let my helper loose on the bumper bracket for some ideas we had for back there, we spent at least one day most every weekend over the winter working on the car and it was a great experience getting my buddy away from the xbox lol

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 11:46am
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 3:17pm
VERY NICE PROJECT AND WORKMANSHIP GUYS!
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:25pm
Thanks for the kind words guys, this project was a long time coming and there were times I thought I wouldn't be in the spot to get it done, my mom always questioned why I had the car in the garage in pieces and I parked out in the snow all these years, the folks at the paint shop did this up for me
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:40pm
I am running a big bearing 9" with Moser 31 spline axles, a daytona pinion and I was lucky enuf to find a real N case for it. Not that the N case is better than what's available in the aftermarket but it's got a cool factor. We narrowed the rear a bit to get some dish on the wheels by reducing backspace which ended up making wheel selection tricky with a lot of the modern wheels today not having the 3 1/2 ish backspace I need.
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:44pm
I have 2 727's so I took one in for a complete rebuild at a local shop that does a lot of the race car guys trannies. I remember doing $500 rebuilds back in the day.. those days are long gone!

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:48pm
The torque converter is a TCS piece, they are outta Langley BC and are suppose to be top notch. Stall should be around 2800-3000 and rear gears are 3.50's
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:51pm
My seats were mostly shot but we did use the tracks and welded them to the new seats and studded them so seat removal are slick
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 5:57pm
I got put in contact with a guy that somehow ordered a 3" chromoly driveshaft for his drag car that wasn't the length he needed. Was exactly what I needed for length so that was the one piece I actually got a smoking deal on, I have 1350 yikes so the drivetrain is overkill for the power I will be making
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic