TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 Javelin build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Javelin build
    Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:00pm
Winter is kicking in up here in the great white north so I am going to post up the story of my Javelin. Bought the car with newspaper route money about 35 years ago at the age of 16 or 17.. The routine back then was drive it hard, fix what breaks and repeat.
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:02pm
A few years back we took the car completely apart and over the next couple years I built an engine
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:06pm
in the fall 2 years ago me and my fearless friend dug it out, gave it a power wash and loaded it up for a trip to an open bay at work.

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:15pm
I am in the pipeline coating business so we used a blast unit on the engine bay, inside cab, underside and trunk of the car and then got to welding in a couple patches where the spilt beer opened a c couple spots in the floor. 
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:26pm
We built a poly paint booth and painted everything up and it actually turned out great

Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 8:54pm
The plan was too put everything back together at that point but I found the Control Freaks IFS online and that was the point the plan flew out the window
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2020 at 9:59pm
Cool project, looking forward to updates.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2020 at 7:04am
Looks like you got you a great helper for your project. Following along !!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Billyfrank360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billyfrank360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2020 at 9:08am
Great project.  Looking forward to this build.

Cheers,
Billy
Alberta68 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alberta68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2020 at 11:11am
The front suspension was where we started. The guys at Control Freaks were great to deal with and the install was mostly trouble free. Biggest issue was the hooker 1 7/8 headers with the power rack.After some head scratching we modified the #1 tube and made it work. I wonder if anyone found an easier fix..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic