TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 AMX Touring Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2022 at 8:36am
No words!

Edited by NorCalAMX - Apr/14/2022 at 8:38am
1968 AMX 390 4Speed
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2022 at 3:25pm
The tire sizes look very good, nice and beefy.  Must drive much different than the 15" wheels.

Mike
1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
NorCalAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by mbwicz mbwicz wrote:

The tire sizes look very good, nice and beefy.  Must drive much different than the 15" wheels.

Mike

There is so much grip!
The car goes way faster due to the increased traction, but feels like it has less HP because the tires don't spin easily now.
1968 AMX 390 4Speed
NorCalAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2022 at 3:04pm
K1 crank showed up today!!
Off to the machine shop this afternoon.

1968 AMX 390 4Speed
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2022 at 4:41pm
Dude such a cool build...would love to have a 9inch full floater

Edited by Repsolroger - May/06/2022 at 11:36am
1969 sst javelin restomod
Clu View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2022 at 6:27pm
I love that you built that for your Dad.  I want to do something similar one day because my step-Ed had a new car stolen in the 60s that he had for like a week.  One day I have to restore one for him. 

roadventure View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadventure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2022 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by NorCalAMX NorCalAMX wrote:

LED Tail lights from Easy Performance

After the tail lights I moved to the front and installed a set of LED headlights from Dapper Lighting.
The pictures are better than words.

WOW!  The difference those LED headlights make is amazing!

NorCalAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2022 at 2:36pm
Thanks for the compliments guys!
Progress has stalled for a little bit..... The TKX 5 speed transmission is so much fun I cant bring myself to tear the car down to start on the CF suspension kit. Now that the transmission is broken in the shifts are so crisp its like driving a brand new manual transmission Camaro or Mustang.
Just FUN FUN FUN!
1968 AMX 390 4Speed
Gench View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2022 at 1:32pm
Sweet ride! Especially love to hear how much your enjoying the car coupled with the TKX… although the CF suspension is worth a pit stop I imagine… next level. Wheels look amazing. 
NorCalAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2022 at 9:07am
Were a little stalled out on the build right now but progress should pick back up mid summer to early fall.
Edelbrock has pushed the fuel injection delivery out until September. I am leaning towards waiting to install the CF suspension while the engine is out. This way we can drive the car for the summer and tear it apart to do the remaining major installs all at once.
I have been working feverishly on clearing out my parents old home/property of 40 yrs, hopefully getting it on the market soon.  I disassembled the 4 post lift that was in my dad's old shop to move it into mine. This should make the project a little easier.  
1968 AMX 390 4Speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic