TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

65-70 rotors in stock again! 1/20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65-70 rotors in stock again! 1/20
    Posted: Jan/13/2022 at 9:54pm

These have been somewhat hard to find with supply chain issues. Seems like RockAuto has access to some: $40ish

Edited by ramblinrev - Jan/20/2022 at 9:42pm
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2022 at 11:25pm
Must have gone fast! OUT OF STOCK now...1 hour and 25 minutes after your post.

Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 4:57am
I ordered some myself, thanks for the heads up.  Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

Must have gone fast! OUT OF STOCK now...1 hour and 25 minutes after your post.

Yup, el gonno.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
cone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:19am
How much you wanna bet APD or some other AMC seller bought them all so they can tack on another 50%.
1987 J20, 87 Grand Wagoneer,70AMX,
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:23am
Geeze! I too found a good deal on RockAuto, and low and behold sold out, pronto! I did nab on what I found, but the two remaining were gone within minutes after purchase. I think auto parts sourcing is ramping up early. Usually soon after taxes. Something tells me, I sould have checked at the begining of the month for one other item. May have to search weekly just to see how things populate, being random with delays. One good thing, is to put a notice on out of stock items. This way you have a fighting chance.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:50am
Originally posted by cone cone wrote:

How much you wanna bet APD or some other AMC seller bought them all so they can tack on another 50%.

I don't think they operate that way. And they are doing us a big favor by staking their livelihood on supplying AMC parts, so it wouldn't bother me if they did! Ebay and RockAuto are available equally to everyone, and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes someone else does.

I'm sure these rotors will be back in stock once things get moving again.

62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

Geeze! I too found a good deal on RockAuto, and low and behold sold out, pronto! I did nab on what I found, but the two remaining were gone within minutes after purchase. I think auto parts sourcing is ramping up early. Usually soon after taxes. Something tells me, I sould have checked at the begining of the month for one other item. May have to search weekly just to see how things populate, being random with delays. One good thing, is to put a notice on out of stock items. This way you have a fighting chance.

My best RockAuto deal ever was 2 months ago. I was looking for a set of ceramic brake pads for a friend's 2017 Pathfinder, and what shows up? A premium set, with hardware, for 11 cents! (And with my 5% discount, they were 10 cents!) I put them in the cart...shipping was added....deal was done! I got them and they are beautiful pads! Someone had obviously made a price error entry.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by ramblinrev ramblinrev wrote:

Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

My best RockAuto deal ever was 2 months ago. I was looking for a set of ceramic brake pads for a friend's 2017 Pathfinder, and what shows up? A premium set, with hardware, for 11 cents! (And with my 5% discount, they were 10 cents!) I put them in the cart...shipping was added....deal was done! I got them and they are beautiful pads! Someone had obviously made a price error entry.

I have heard of pricing mistakes. A decimal point, or lazy finger. The only pricing mistakes I have come across myself were the decimal point went in the wrong direction. Ha!

We all get lucky some time in life, sometimes its easily seen, sometimes not, until found out later. I say if you find what you are looking for, some luck has been given.

Seems like every time I find a good deal, it is out of curiosity in a random search. Its when I really need it, I get the bad side of luck. Ha!

Like I stated before, place a watch on an out of stock item, it will notify you, and allow you to grab it before it's gone.

Now this thread needs to be changed... like, I found them, and now they are gone!
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 9:32am
I changed the title, so as not to get people's hopes up!
I got notified this morning early of a PDB Booster for Javelins/AMX available. Gone to someone else!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic