TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

65 Marlin seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DW_65Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65 Marlin seats
    Posted: Dec/04/2022 at 8:18pm
Hello everyone, 
I’m just getting started on rebuilding a 65 Marlin and one of the first things I need to do is get the seats out, clear out the rotten nasty carpet and assess the rust damage to the floors.

Was working on taking out the seats and discovered that they were only bolted in on the front.  Appears to be non factory since there is a random assortment of hardware and through bolts.  And it looks like the original factory mounting points for seats are still there and currently unused.

Are these AMC seats from another model?  Are they from some other make or vehicle?  Nothing on the rear mounting points appears to line up at all, so I’m pretty sure that these seats are not original to the car.  If anyone can help me identify where these seats are from, I would really appreciate it.  Any leads on correct seats would be great as well.

I’ll see if I can upload images in a subsequent post
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2022 at 2:04am
Noooo, AMC's seats were unique to them and were one of their best features. Their manufacturing might have been contracted out to an outside company that was not a direct subsidiary of AMC, but the design and construction of them was not shared with any other auto manufacturer.

AMC seats used variable rate coil spring construction with several different densities of latex foam padding. They were extremely high quality. Cadillac was the only other manufacturer with seats of that level at the time. Everybody else had long since cheapened out with wave springs or poly foam. 

1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2022 at 5:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic