TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

500 ci

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garland performce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2022 at 8:10pm
I don`t have my flow #s in front of me 
My S/R heads have the push rods moved over and the roof raised and floor raised with a 2.150 intake valves  
Have more flow than the 300 cnc head #s you posted with tons of mid flow 
also have some crazy mid # and still pick up flow over .900 lift  
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2022 at 4:44am
Way out of my league, but watching with interest should the Powerball numbers come my way.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2022 at 7:08pm
I saw a lot of issues with mine as well. I had to machine the heads for the jesel shaft rockers and have them remake the rockers. They dont even machine the heads to jesels specifications . Probably would have been okay for a .650 lift cam but not for what we run. I am going to redo the valve job and do some port work in the bowl area.
DragRacingSpirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by garland performce garland performce wrote:

My S/R heads have the push rods moved over and the roof raised and floor raised with a 2.150 intake valves  Have more flow than the 300 cnc head #s you posted with tons of mid flow 

It sounds like the work you have done on your SR heads are very similar to mine. When you say you raised the floor I am assuming you mean that you welded the floor or it has a ton of epoxy in the floor ?

I went with a 2.125 valve because I didn't think there was any way a 2.150 would fit.

My SR start backing up at much over .800 valve lift. The main hangup is the vavle size on these heads.

I think the CNC300 heads have a lot of potential and will flow a lot my than the SR heads but they are going to need some serious work.

When Indy advertises their flow numbers on that head, they either have a crappy bench or the person running them needs some lessons.
Best 1/4 mile 8.99, 1/8 mile 5.71, 60 foot 1.27, no power adders
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2022 at 10:15pm
well......the cnc300 heads survived a pre-mod pressure test.

They have now had the seats and the valve job re-done. They went from 360 to 398 cfm  at peak with just a valve and seat re-do! This is all on the same bench.

It is still a work in progress ! They still have issues, as past 650 lift they are backing up from that number due to flow imbalance and or flow seperation/turbulance. Getting ready to back cut the seats and see what happens.

And then some port re-shaping and or epoxy if needed.

The goal is to have this peak flow with no turbulence or backup at higher lift levels.

Edited by DragRacingSpirit - Jul/29/2022 at 10:29pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2022 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by tufcj tufcj wrote:

Looks great.  I would certainly build one if I ever had the funds.  Any signs of porosity in the Indy block?   I heard a while back they were having some problems at the foundry.

Bob
tufcj

So far the heads look good and have pressure tested good. The block has not made it to the machine shop yet for a blueprint. It looks good ?
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2022 at 10:38am
NIce, im going to be working on the valve job also. Its not the best at all, bowl transition to seat is not good. Flow bench numbers will vary from lace to place, just concentrate on a difference in your test. 

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2022 at 6:27pm
Just to make sure that everyone understands what I have going on with the research and development of my cnc300 heads everything is on the same exact bench with the same head guy that has worked on everything from tractor pulling stuff, to buick, chevy, mopar, ford, my amc ....etc etc heads.

He is very maticulous and right now we are in a learn and discovery mode with a casting he has never dealt with before.

He has a lot of experience and that is a big asset. We are on the right track and are making big gains.

But this it is going to take some time and lots of effort to get this nailed down to satisfaction.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2022 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

I'm going to redo the valve job and do some port work in the bowl area.

You are starting at the exact same place that were glaring issues with mine. Just the valve job and seats were worth over 30 cfm on the same bench with the same operator.
Lenni AMC View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lenni AMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2022 at 7:09am
Any update on this project ?
AMC Gremlin w/401
6.212 @ 117.01 - 1/8 Mile
9.785 @ 133.11 - 1/4 Mile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikyNqrfpMB8VzLd910Hkhg

https://rbjracing1.wixsite.com/website
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic