TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

500 ci

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500 ci
    Posted: May/19/2022 at 2:24pm
Well I have been waiting for a long while to get everything together.

I finally have my Moldex billet crank, Indy block, CNC300 heads  and 3x Dominator intake.

Still a long way to go. Getting ready to haul all of it to Performance Automotive in Bethalto, Il.

I have had them do machine work for me before with excellent results.

Next thing is a full blueprint and pressure test to correct any issues and then I can finally order pistons and rods.

They are a month and a half behind so this probably wont be in the car until next spring.

There are some photos on the front of Indy's Facebook page showing it off.

Edited by DragRacingSpirit - May/19/2022 at 2:27pm
Best 1/4 mile 8.99, 1/8 mile 5.71, 60 foot 1.27, no power adders
DragRacingSpirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2022 at 2:41pm

tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2022 at 3:34pm
Looks great.  I would certainly build one if I ever had the funds.  Any signs of porosity in the Indy block?   I heard a while back they were having some problems at the foundry.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2022 at 5:05pm
Those pictures were from Indy that they posted on facebook. I'm not actually going to de-palletize and unwrap before it gets to the machine shop.

It will be inspected with a fine tooth comb when it gets there and I will report any issues at that time.
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 8:17am
Woot Woot!!!!
Thumbs Up
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2022 at 10:33pm
ok...i could not help but to pull a head off of the pallet and take it to my friend who a very good head porter in my area and has a super flow 600 bench.

So anyway........

All we did was look at the heads in particular.

The casting look ok ... no noticeable problem there. They are getting pressure checked to ensure there is no issues before we do anything to them.

The valve job is horrible and will have to be redone.

My wide ported SR heads with a 2.125 valve and 260 cc intake volume is the comparison and on the same bench I will add.

At .750 lift my wide ported heads with the pushrod moved over and offset lifters/rocker arms flowed a peak of 343 cfm at .750 lift. And I will add over 300 cfm at .500 lift.

The CNC 300 heads on the same flow bench as delivered were at a peak of 365cfm on the intake. The exhaust was much better than the SR head.

So..my wide ported SR heads at 260 CC and a 2.125 valve are within 20 cfm of the as delivered CNC 300 heads with a 2.250 valve.

This really suprised me as I thought my SR heads wouldn't even be close to the CNC300 head.

Looks like these CNC300 heads are going to have to go under the knife so to speak to get their potential out of them. I didn't expect that.

Edited by DragRacingSpirit - May/27/2022 at 3:07pm
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 3:00pm
Awesome to see another Indy block being built. My friend acquired a Indy block and all components. Hopefully real soon, dyno time. I was a running motor, it just had a few upgrades ( cam and two carbs). It also has Fred Brewer heads.  Best of luck!!!
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragRacingSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 3:47pm
I think the Brewer heads might be the way to go if they are a set of decent casting.

The only other problem I can think of is they are not going to fit the Indy Blocks pattern of the lower head bolts.

I wonder if the water ports all line up with the block?
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 4:32pm
These Heads have extra material for the head bolts. Not sure on the history on that. Only the small holes don't line up and a little work with a hand grinder fixes that. 
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by DragRacingSpirit DragRacingSpirit wrote:

drool ....
its the little things that make the biggest difference
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic