TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2023 amo show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 9:34am
This is the correct hotel?
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 9:50am
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

Here are the correct hotels, based on amo.club:

The Hampton Inn 7445 Sawyer Ln Knoxville, TN 37924 865-525-3511

Holiday Inn Express  730 Rufus Graham Rd Knoxville, TN 37924

1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

No. That one is at Exit 407 of I-40. Show hotels are at Exit 398, 9 miles to the West.
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2023 at 5:48pm
The Hampton Inn is currently fully booked and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available, we have made contact with both hotels requesting additional rooms, but at this stage nothing will be added until the Holiday is fully booked
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
1985 Renault Alliance Conv
dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2023 at 8:08am
Originally posted by AMXAL AMXAL wrote:

The Hampton Inn is currently fully booked and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available, we have made contact with both hotels requesting additional rooms, but at this stage nothing will be added until the Holiday is fully booked

The Holiday Inn as of this am is also full, I just booked the Comfort Inn which is right by the show field as well as a Mexican Restaurant Smile

Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2023 at 1:01pm
I just contacted the AMO TN Chapter Rep for the show, who also happens to work for the host hotel, and the Holiday Inn still has rooms available IT IS NOT SOLD OUT. But there are other hotels in the area of the show field that are available, Fairfield, Best Western and Super 8 to name a few. Also plenty of food selections besides the Mexican one, Cracker Barrel is nearby, all located on Cracker Barrel Lane next to the college and the show site.

TO THOSE TRAILERING CARS: DO NOT GO TO THE HOTEL FIRST, if you are staying at the Hampton or the Holiday Inn the parking lots are small and will be a problem driving a large rig (24ft trailer and truck) around the parking lot especially as cars are parked. Go to the trailer parking area at the show field first and drop your trailer, help will be there starting Monday of show week, we will post a phone contact as we get closer so you can call ahead so someone will be available to help you park. Security will also be on site starting Monday. Thanks
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2023 at 9:51am
I see that a trip to City Garage Car Museum is planned. Cool. What day is this planned for?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2023 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

I see that a trip to City Garage Car Museum is planned. Cool. What day is this planned for?

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
It says Thursday 9-3 on AMO website. The museum location is in my hometown of Greeneville, which is about an hour and 10 minute drive each way from the host hotels. It says meet at Hampton Inn. I assume that a caravan will make its way here from the Hampton Inn. The City Garage Car Museum is the old City Dodge new car dealership. I bought my first car there, a 1965 Dodge Coronet.
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/20/2023 at 12:57pm
AMO TN CONVENTION UPDATE:
  The two host hotels, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn as well as the Fairfield Inn are sold out. There will be no additional rooms allotted to AMO for the discounted rate. There are other hotels in the area near Pellissippi Community College, Best Western, American Inn, Super 8 to name a few. 
DO NOT BRING YOUR TRAILERS TO THE HOTELS, ALL TRAILERS AND TRUCKS NEED TO GO TO THE TRAILER PARKING AREA AT THE COLLEGE FIRST. THERE IS NOT ROOM TO DRIVE THRU OR MANEUVER AROUND THE PARKING LOTS OF THE HOTELS. CHAPTER REPS WILL BE ONSITE AT THE DESIGNATED TRAILER PARKING LOT AT THE COLLEGE STARTING MONDAY, JUNE 19. 24 HR SECURITY WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE STARTING MONDAY. 
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 6:54am
It appears that the parts vending is going to start early at this Years show. It changes my plans a little but I am all in it for the parts...

Wow how time flies. I can not believe it is almost here. Cut off date for registration is June 7th and mail in registration is now closed. If you come to the show last min to sign up you can do it the week of the show registration however it will cost more to do so, so get it done now at AMO.club
This is probably some old numbers but here we go.
1. Trailer Parking 90
2. judged cars 82
3 Display cars 89
for a total 173 cars and will not be surprised that it will not hit 200.
4. Baseball Game 59
5. Swap spaces 73
6. Car carral 5
7. T-Shirt sales 201
This is still growing daily you can not believe how many I printed out yesterday and today already.
About trailer parking when you pick up your packet at registration at Pellissippi State Community College on Wednesday 6pm - 8pm, Thursday 10am - 4pm, Friday 10am -4pm and Saturday 8am -9:30am There will be in your packet a sign to put on your trailer this will be for your trailer parking so we can contact you if there is a problem with your trailer or if it needs moved. You WILL NOT be able to park without one. If we have room we might make a exception....
CJ's Taco a Knoxville favorite will be selling at the show from their food truck. So please support him and they are exceptionally good and you will not be disappointed.
We are going to allow vender parking at the school on Wednesday June 21st. We are going to open Vending a day early on Thursday June 22nd from 8am - 4pm due to demand, Friday June 23rd 8am - 4pm and Saturday June 24th Show Day 8am - 4pm
Everyone this is going to be a huge show and if we do this again it might be in a different location due to it huge growth. My expectations from the beginning were a bit different and did not think we would not have more than 150 cars.
We have some great cars, venders and food trucks. It has been a huge amount of work so far and I would like to thank Dan Vice President and Al President from AMO I don't know if we could have done as much without them. All the Members of Tennessee Valley Regional AMC not in any order Chris, Kat, David, Mason, Corry, Dave and his wife and everyone helping at the show.
This is going to be a huge show everyone and a must to see.
Thanks, William Clark - TVRAMC Event Coordinator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic