TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2023 amo show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 1:34pm
As long as we are asking questions, is the show and swap on grass or pavement?
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

As long as we are asking questions, is the show and swap on grass or pavement?
I don't know. I just know the area because I live a little over an hour away, went to Univ of Tennessee, and lived in Knox a few years after I graduated.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:44pm
According to my map app the banquet is 26 miles/35 minutes from the show location, a few miles less from the host hotels, directly on the other side of Knoxville. Not sure what I will do yet. Drive 40-ish miles to and from the banquet/hotel or just head for home after the show. Decisions.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:54pm
Like I said, probably 20 miles from banquet to host hotel and more than that from show site. I was just guessing. It's pretty far and you either have to go all the way through town on I-40 or around it on the North side on I-640. Most of the time, it is better to go straight through on I-40. Traffic in West Knoxville can be a bit crowded most of the time. It should not be near the host hotels or the show site.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

According to my map app the banquet is 26 miles/35 minutes from the show location, a few miles less from the host hotels, directly on the other side of Knoxville. Not sure what I will do yet. Drive 40-ish miles to and from the banquet/hotel or just head for home after the show. Decisions.
Which direction is home?
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Which direction is home?

Tom was my "neighbor" when I lived up north. About the same distance as we are currently.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:39pm
Home is western NY. It is about the same whether we take 75/71/90 or 81/77/79/90. The first is a few minutes shorter, the second is a few miles shorter but easier with fewer cities to go through making it the preferred route. Leaning toward skipping the banquet and getting a few hours toward home, making the second day easier. 
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 5:41pm
Is there going to be trailer parking at the show site?

71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2022 at 7:43pm

Is there going to be trailer parking at the show site?

Are you trailering your car?

If you do and you want to park it at my place and drive your car the rest of the hour and a half trip you're more than welcome. I am on the way and not that far from 81.

1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2022 at 4:01am
cost is 42.00 per person for the buffet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic