TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2022 AMO Motor City Muster - Event Date: Aug/10/2022 - Aug/13/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2022 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

So, It went from grass site to blacktop???

That's what he's saying. Ouch With no umbrellas or canopy's allowed for shade, I know my wife won't be happy. I'm going to have to rethink going to this one.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2022 at 7:39pm
Regardless of the venue canopies are not allowed at AMO shows on the showfield.
AMO Newsletter Editor
1969 BASE JAV View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969 BASE JAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 12:15am
Got our reservations and can't wait. Smile
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

So, It went from grass site to blacktop???

That's what he's saying. Ouch With no umbrellas or canopy's allowed for shade, I know my wife won't be happy. I'm going to have to rethink going to this one.

You can still use a golf umbrella etc. I bring my RWB AMC umbrella to every National show I've attended! 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 11:24am
Glad to hear that!
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by kirkwood kirkwood wrote:

Regardless of the venue canopies are not allowed at AMO shows on the showfield.

Ian, is a canopy still ok in a swap meet spot?
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2022 at 12:45pm
Yes, good in Swap Meet area.
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2022 at 11:18am
Just to help clarify things, EZ-UPS or tents of any kind are not permitted on the show field but are allowed in the swap area, personal umbrellas are allowed. The decision was made to have everything at the host hotel, Sheraton Novi, by a group of AMO Officers for a variety of reasons, there was no cost to the chapter or AMO for the use of the parking lots or the surrounding areas, Hotel offers the opportunity to go inside to A/C and/or get out of the rain,and access to your hotel room, Greenmeade Park did not have this option, just an open field,a blacktop pad and no shade.The hotel has agreed to offer refreshments and food during the show ($$$) Friday and Saturday, one food truck was set up for the park, Hotel has committed a Hospitality Room to show goers just inside from the show field area for an area to grab a drink and sit/rest in a cool area.The hotel also offers multiple restroom facilities indoors, Greenmeade could only offer a few portapots. There would be a short drive to Greenmeade in a busy area, staying at the hotel allows participants the opportunity to not travel, one place allows all the items needed to all show goers. In short, the decision was made with the consideration of the health and safety, as well, as comfort to all those attending. 
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
1985 Renault Alliance Conv
amxdream View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2022 at 12:01pm
100 percent behind the changes.  it will make for a more enjoyable show, and you forgot to mention it will save alot of work for moving things from place to place.    looking forward to it.  see you there soon
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2022 at 1:20pm
I also like the idea of keeping it in the one spot. Much easier for vendors also!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic