TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2021 Pittsburgh AMC Get Together # 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddiebell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2021 at 7:35am
Me and the family will be showing up
jjt17 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2021 at 9:51am
My dad, sons and I will be there, but unfortunately the 70' Javelin will not be done in time.
https://ibb.co/JB5LK4c -
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2021 at 3:45pm
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
"Prolly" is not a word.
Gpfarrell View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gpfarrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2021 at 7:26am
Under 2 weeks to go!  We're about 5 minutes off of Exit 39 of the PA Turnpike.  

Trailers are easily accommodated. Spectators without cars are welcome too!  Free admission... just an easy, low-key day of American Motors fun! 
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2021 at 4:01pm
6 days to go!!!! Featuring the 1971 model year.
Weather forecast is for low 60's in the morning, low 80's in the afternoon, mostly sunny.

Edited by scott - Sep/13/2021 at 4:03pm
"Prolly" is not a word.
PGHAMC View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PGHAMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2021 at 5:19pm
Weather looks great for this weekend, I've been trying to go last few years but its always something, family picnic, etc. This year family picnic is 26th so I'm clear.

One of my high school gear-head buddies who had a Javelin in high school (the one who is responsible for getting me into amc's) is going for first time with his green AMX and bringing along a friend with black 69 AMX from South Hills.

I was trying to buy an AMC over the winter, came close twice but was unsuccessful in striking a deal with either one. I can't walk or bicycle to event, so it is ok to drive a non-amc to attend as spectator? haha

PS: Sold my AMC in 2013 so I can't bring it. Ouch Weird thing is, a month or so after I sold my car the s**t hit the fan, one traumatic event after the other, devil had me on ropes going for TKO, resulted in vestibular malfunction (dizzy/nauseous) for years and couldn't even function with basic tasks of daily life. Main-stream western medical was clueless and no help, if anything they made matters worse (much like current events). So it took me 4 years of researching/learning/healing to make full recovery naturally without use of any alcohol or pills. Think of it as the wiring harness in your car regenerating and correcting itself so there is no longer an open or short, so I'm a walking testimony. It sure is nice to be able to do things again and go places without dizzy/nauseous, but the ironic part is as soon as I got back to life as normal the world got turned upside down, crazy.

Anyways, hoping to make it out there and see some American Motors!

Ledge70 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ledge70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2021 at 6:13pm
Happy to hear y’all got your health back. Looking forward to seeing you at the event on Saturday. 

Ledge
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2021 at 5:43pm
The township decided today would be the day to tar & chip the road the Get Together is off of, Cedar Run Rd.

Fortunately, you only have to drive about 2 tenths of a mile on Cedar Run before you get to the Farrell's driveway. This is if you are accessing Cedar Run off of Middle Rd. I drove it today, 5 or 10 MPH & we should be fine.  If you were planning to access Cedar Run directly off of RT 910, I would recommend taking the long way around , RT 910 to Middle Rd to Cedar Run.

See you Sunday.
"Prolly" is not a word.
PGHAMC View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PGHAMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2021 at 7:13pm
Ugh, what timing... The good news is it has 3 full days of sunny dry weather prior to Sunday, which will make a big difference so tar shouldn't be an issue at that point, and majority of loose rocks should be on the shoulder by then. "Slow ride... take it easy..."
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2021 at 5:55pm
A couple of people have told me GPS & Mapquest take them on McCully Rd off of Rt 8, close to the Get Together. Avoid McCully Rd, they just tar & chipped it! You would have to drive on it for a couple of miles.

Instead, take Rt 8 to Wildwood Rd Extension (make sure it is Extension!) to right on Middle Rd. Middle Rd to left on Cedar Run Rd. You'll have to go about 2 tenths on the tar & chip, so go slow. Then left into the Farrell's driveway. Look for the signs.

See you Sunday!
"Prolly" is not a word.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic