TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2021 Colorado AMO Roll Call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2021 at 5:41pm
Have aa few pics but will be hitting the road for the 12 hour drive early am. Packing truck tonight (with wife's sewing machines, quilts she worked on, etc.) and a couple of parts.
Someone ended up with a nice proper restored wiper motor for their 70 Machine and now another guy has some money so i can build and restore a correct wiper motor for his Javelin. Win-win.
I gave away a box of bendix brake parts and a javelin fender to clear space in the truck.
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2021 at 8:23pm
I will post some pics from the show. 
Here some of us stopped at the Garden of the Gods. 
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2021 at 8:31pm
These are from the In and Out Burger cruise-in. 
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2021 at 8:42pm
From the Rambler Ranch, these pics are of the 1964 Ambassador prototype, called the Marquesa. 
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2021 at 10:11pm
thanks JKJavelin, much appreciated. Super cool event, wish I was there. Next year...
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 6:31am
Yes, great show and many thanks to the Colorado Club folks for putting on such a fine gathering!
Good to meet so many of you in person and see your cars!

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 7:00am
Actually - its not a prototype, it was a show car at the big 1964 Autoramas.  They also made a 64 American convertible called the Carrousel.

The prototype car for 1964 was the Tarpon.

Either way, it is a stunning car, and makes me wish that at the time I had first right of refusal on it, that the time would have been right to have bought it first...

Alas - it is in good hands and gets attention!
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 7:24pm
It was so nice of Terry to invite people into what is literally his private garage and home for everybody to see his collection. His place is surreal. He has amassed a lifetime of rare AMC's and collectables together like I have never seen. 

I remember the first time I walked into one of his big buildings. The lights were off and I couldn't see a thing, then he flicked the lights on and they came on sequentially, starting closest to me and moving back. It was like the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. It nearly dropped me to my knees. There are some truly incredible and rare cars there. Things you can go a lifetime and never see and it's all there is one place. 

I hope the Rambler Ranch continues for many more years. It's a treasure. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
AMX390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 8:50pm
Thanks to those who posted images. With help from P.O. Wallin of Sweden acting as the Executive Producer in compiling images. I took the liberty of creating a video about this summer's AMO show in Colorado using images AMC'ers have posted online. Enjoy!
This is an updated version, I deleted the first two You Tube videos, let's call them rough drafts. This one is better, now 20 minutes long with 230 images.

Edited by AMX390 - Jun/17/2021 at 12:40am
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2021 at 11:38pm
Great job on the video, Tom!  The show was a blast, and it was my first time to see Rambler Ranch as well.  All I can say is "WOW!!!"

Tom Buckley and I drove our AMCs up from AZ.  Stopped at Wolf Creek Pass on the way home and shot a couple photos.  Neither one of us had any mechanical issues, even at nearly 14,000 feet.  It was a little over 1,700 miles total for me and even more for Tom as he made a side trip up to Denver to visit his new grandson.  AMCs rock!

Just want to say thanks to Tom and his wife Sandy for being such awesome traveling companions.

On the way home I got a call that there was a wild fire burning within 1/2 mile of my neighborhood.  Fortunately, they dispatched a DC10 to drop fire retardant and the fire was nearly out by the time I got home.  One of my neighbors shot this photo of one of the drops.  My house is just out of view of this photo on the left side of the frame.  Thanking my lucky stars for an awesome response by the firefighting crews!!  As you can see I live in a hilly area, and I can't even imagine flying a DC10 at low altitude, through smoke, in this terrain.  It's all in a days work for these heroes!

Edited by CamJam - Jun/14/2021 at 11:44pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic