TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2021 Colorado AMO Roll Call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by Have2SC's Have2SC's wrote:

Can't wait to see that AMX, Mark!  What a beauty!!  I'm hoping to drive my brown '72 SST up from AZ, though the timing is not the best for me as we just got back from 5-weeks in Oregon and now find ourselves in the middle of selling my dad's house after he passed away in December.  Nevertheless, I always swore I would drive the Jav to COS if the show was held there and this might be the only chance I'll get.
Cam,  hope you can make it and will look forward to meeting up again. Lee

Thanks, Lee. Just did a shake down cruise today to make sure a/c and everything is working since we're crossing the desert at close to the hottest time of the year.  Don't want my beer to get warm.  Big smile

Update:  After checking the price of hotel rooms in Colorado Springs I must admit to having second thoughts. I'm too much of a cheapskate to spend $130 a night for a bed. For that amount of money it oughta come with some female companionship, lol.  Already got suckered in on a Priceline "deal" in Santa Fe. Turns out the $94 room is going to cost over $140 with taxes (28%!) and a "resort fee".  No wonder people are buying campers like they're going out of style. 

I was all set for the haul south....
The colors even match the trailer :)
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 11:10am
They can't hold a show without Tony and Peggy. For that reason....I'm out.
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 3:58pm

[QUOTE=Have2SC's][QUOTE=CamJam]

Update:  After checking the price of hotel rooms in Colorado Springs I must admit to having second thoughts. I'm too much of a cheapskate to spend $130 a night for a bed. For that amount of money it oughta come with some female companionship, lol.  Already got suckered in on a Priceline "deal" in Santa Fe. Turns out the $94 room is going to cost over $140 with taxes (28%!) and a "resort fee".  No wonder people are buying campers like they're going out of style. 

Even on a weeknight, a Super 8 right off the interstate in a smaller town is hard to find for under $100, before tax, for 10+ years.  It's not 1990 anymore LOL
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 4:03pm
$130/night is pretty good. If you find something cheaper, the female accompaniment may be in the form of roaches.
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 4:59pm
I also am not current with hotel prices. We normally travel in our 5th wheel trailer,  and stay in campgrounds, but am trailering the AMX on an open Uhaul car trailer for this show. Our halfway point is around Omaha and am a little nervous about the overnight stay there as far as the AMX is concerned, so I picked a place with pretty good reviews and it's $157 for 1 night. 
JK 
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 8:35pm
The Rodeway (aka Roachway) was only $55 last time I checked, but fortunately a great guy who shall remain nameless came through with a room at the host hotel for me.  A little more than this cheapskate would normally pay, but it WILL be nice to be where the action is.  There is action without Tony and Alex, isn't there?
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 10:07pm
Cam 
the laugh action will be down a bit without Tony and Alex   but we will all still have a good time 

Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 10:16pm
You guys are bumming me out :( 
I would have already been on the road today :(
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
73Gremlin401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Gremlin401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 10:18pm
Can't believe I'm missing the show in my own state, but after a year with no work due to CoVid, I finally get a 1-week contract for a job in FL - and guess when that week is.  arrrrrgh.  Flying out Sunday morning -and get back the following Sunday night. Enjoy the show - and the Rambler Ranch!
73 Gremlin 401/5-spd.
77 Matador Wagon 360/727.
81 Jeep J10 LWB 360/4-spd
83 Concord DL 4-dr 258/auto

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by 73Gremlin401 73Gremlin401 wrote:

Can't believe I'm missing the show in my own state, but after a year with no work due to CoVid, I finally get a 1-week contract for a job in FL - and guess when that week is.  arrrrrgh.  Flying out Sunday morning -and get back the following Sunday night. Enjoy the show - and the Rambler Ranch!

There's always next year, Kurt.  Great that you're getting some work now!!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic