TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > AMC Cars For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1982 Concord D/L wagon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 Concord D/L wagon
    Posted: Oct/12/2020 at 11:45am
Up for sale is my '82 wagon with a New Jersey title. You may have seen this on Facebook without a title. I got the title last week once the NJ DMV gave seniors a time slot to do business without having to wait for hours on end. First off, let me save you some time if you are squeamish about high mileage cars, go away now! This wagon has 171,000 miles. It also has a 3 year old rebuilt transmission. The prior owner had this car for 25 years and it was his daily driver (hence the high mileage). I bought this by mistake ( I bid on it before the Sportabout X I also bought was listed) but I did drive it all summer for our cruises. It runs really great and starts first try. It is a 6 cylinder, automatic, PS, PB, AM/FM mono, factory two tone with after market wheels (no, I do not have the originals) and a really nice interior. The driver's seat is torn but the carpet is in good shape in the entire car including the piece attached to the back of the back seat. The passenger door has to be opened from the inside. I feel it is just a broken clip because you can feel that the outside handle is moving more than just itself. The driver's mirror is  broken and the lens fell out during the summer. The A/C blows warm air. The body is in great shape as well. I have two other AMCs so this one has to go. $2990.00 OBO.

Thanks for looking!
Mr. Ed

Edited by Mr. Ed - Oct/21/2020 at 8:21am
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2020 at 8:56am
Anybody?

matty 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2020 at 11:08am
would love to have it if i had the money  
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 360
93 Cherokee 2wd 4.0 5 speed
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2020 at 8:22am
Just lowered the price. Come and get it!

Later!
Mr. Ed

AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

Just lowered the price. Come and get it!

That car probably doesn’t last a month in the spring time.  Wrong time of year.  In my case...and I’m sure there are others with the same “car habit” I have in the Northern climes...I store 5 cars/trucks and a motorcycle Nov.-Apr.  (one sacrificial vehicle for the salty roads)

GLWYS...but I hope any buyer Up North...doesn’t sacrifice it to the Rust Deities!

Thumbs Up
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2020 at 9:18am
You are correct that this isn't the time to sell. But if it goes into storage for the winter, it will be higher in the spring. Come and get this bargain, now!

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2020 at 10:37am
OK. This has to go! Make me a decent offer.

Later!
Mr. Ed

george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2021 at 1:26pm
To all Forum members:
As I'm sure most of you are aware Ed passed away just before Christmas. His daughter now has the responsibility of taking care of his estate and Ed's two project cars, this 1982 Concord wagon and his black 1978 Concord Sport 2 door sedan, need to be sold. The wagon is a very decent car and is fully driveable. It could use a paint job, a headliner redo and some vinyl repairs on the drivers seat. It's a nice car to use as a driver and could be readily restored at a reasonable cost. His asking price was reasonable but I'm sure his daughter would consider reasonable offers.
The 78 Concord Sport is a rare model but it's probably best used as a parts car or possibly to make into an SC/360 style clone. It's a 304, automatic with factory air. It had an under hood fire years ago and it needs work under the hood. Hoses and wiring mostly. It runs and drives and it seems to run very well. It has a new gas tank and the car is complete. There's some rust in the undercarriage but it's not extensive.

If anyone is interested in either car please post or send me a PM and I'll pass you on to his daughter. Helping her out with these cars would be a blessing for her.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/08/2021 at 6:41pm
Didnt " Mr Ed" recently buy a really clean sportabout 304? Hope they go to a good home. I really enjoyed his threads
MESS WITH THE BULL
YOU GET THE HORNS!!

sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/09/2021 at 5:37am
That’s very sad about Mr. Ed, I too enjoyed his postings. My condolences to his family & friends 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic