TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1982 AMC Concord: Project Sedate Sedan Sleeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BMOgremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2019 at 4:32pm
The only way your car could be any cooler was if i was a wagon lol what a sleeper it will be especially if its kinda quiet. Quite and quick!
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2019 at 7:34am
Alright.. here's the moment you've all been waiting for! I wish I could've taken more pictures but my phone died right at the wrong moment! 

It's very, very maroon and I absolutely love it! I might impress easily but I am very very happy with the results. The fenders and hood are going to get cleaned up but stay the same faded color they've always been but when the hood gets opened.. it'll really all be bright, shiny and new. That's the overall look and theme that I'm going for. To the naked eye or casual observer... I'd like the car top be mostly unassuming and easily written off as an average old Concord. 

My goal is that hopefully that the people who are really interested in Concords will take a closer look and start to notice the little things or unique details I intend on adding as time goes on. For instance.. the Barcelona rims, how I changed the top to black or adding the Spirit GT/AMX Rally Pak gauges and Tachometer to the dash. Other exterior changes will include the stainless steel Venshades above the windows, OEM Concord stainless steel mud flaps and the thin version stainless steel wheel well trim from the earlier model Concord to complement the other chrome steel trim on the car. then I will black out the windows to help blend the upper window area into the black top. I am also playing around with the idea of blacking out the door frames and pillars to give it a two toned/shadow masked effect. For that I think I would just use an automotive wrap material for those areas vs. actually painting them. At this point that is just an idea for future consideration. 

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Oct/11/2019 at 7:36am
70BBOAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70BBOAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2019 at 6:46pm
Lookin Sweet!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2019 at 8:46am
One step closer John, ........looking great !!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 70BBOAMX 70BBOAMX wrote:

Lookin Sweet!

Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

One step closer John, ........looking great !!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Thanks guys! 

Here are some new pictures. Things are moving along. I recently brought my entire parts stash... that I had been building for the past 3 years... to my car wizard mechanic friend. I filled up my entire hatchback from the passenger seat to the back hatch all the way to the ceiling. 

One draw back that brought it to a halt.. one of the Camber bolt kits was missing a nut and of course.. I could not find them locally so I had to order another one online. Hopefully it will be here on Sat. 

one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2019 at 7:34pm
Love It!!!!!
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by one bad rambler one bad rambler wrote:

Love It!!!!!

Thanks Anthony! I hope I got everything finally! I've only been collecting all these parts for the last 3 years!
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2019 at 8:19pm
GREAT PROJECT!  Reminds me of the 1981 Spirit GT I build back in the 90's with a full blown 401, T-10. It looked like a stock spirit but it ran 12.60's

VERY NICE
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2019 at 6:26am
Originally posted by JERSEYJOE JERSEYJOE wrote:

GREAT PROJECT!  Reminds me of the 1981 Spirit GT I build back in the 90's with a full blown 401, T-10. It looked like a stock spirit but it ran 12.60's

VERY NICE

Thanks Jersey Joe. That's exactly what I am going for. A mostly stock exterior look with some subtle changes here and there. I think the black Barcelona wheels, black top and darked out windows will help add to the unassuming look and still be complemented by the 80's stainless dress up parts as well. I saw a 79 Chevy Malibu the other day and a 80's Caprice yesterday that each had similar looks. I call it the "80's dressed up in a Tuxedo" look. You know... where they took whatever aftermarket chrome dress up parts they had on a shelf and slapped them on there before it hit the car lot! Ha... since I grew up in the 80's.. I remember a lot of cars like that and since I lived in Kenosha... I remember seeing all the Concords, Eagles and Spirits..etc... dressed up like that. So I want to dedicate my car's look to that time period since its an 80's car. I'm also looking forward to the day when I can put a hotter 360 in it too! That will really put the "sleeper" part into the Sedate Sedan!

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Oct/18/2019 at 6:31am
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2019 at 6:30am
Originally posted by BMOgremlin BMOgremlin wrote:

The only way your car could be any cooler was if i was a wagon lol what a sleeper it will be especially if its kinda quiet. Quite and quick!

Thanks a lot. I apologize but I didn't see your compliment sooner! I have always wanted to do this to a wagon too but I have the 4dr and its my high school car! I really feel like the 360 I want later on will be really sweet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic