TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1982 AMC Concord: Project Sedate Sedan Sleeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Mr. Ed Mr. Ed wrote:

Nice. Now go blow the doors off of some ricers!

Later!
Mr. Ed

Sure, as long as it's a 30 year old stock one.
The only way you'll beat a late model is the driver wasn't made aware you were racing.LOL
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2020 at 9:24am
I have been following this one.  Very nice job guy,
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by JERSEYJOE JERSEYJOE wrote:

I have been following this one.  Very nice job guy,

Hey there Jersey Joe. I was going to message you! Thanks for the compliments and support. 

Although it made great power I'm still getting a bog off the line and some hesitation while driving around. I took it back to the shop today. They said the air/fuel ratio is balanced but it's dropping a lot of carbon on the ground still. So... I don't know what it could be but it certainly doesn't just take off like I thought it would.
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 8:45am
Any word if the Kenosha AMC event will happen in 2021?

I expect that if it does I want to be there with my AMX
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 5:31pm
Some people have problems with the AVS2 carbs. Your driveability problems might be that. Something about the fuel metering. Had one on my 343 when I rebuilt it. Thought I could forego the extra power from a Holley for more driveability with the AVS2. It spewed black stuff out the tail pipes and bogged like nothing I've experienced. Couldn't get more than 13" of vacuum. Now I have a Q-series double pumper racing carb. Idles at 600rpm with 18" of vacuum, and better driveability than I could hope for.  And power, so I get that, too. I've been told the same problems don't exist with the regular AVS model carbs, if you're not a Holley guy.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JERSEYJOE JERSEYJOE wrote:

Any word if the Kenosha AMC event will happen in 2021?

I expect that if it does I want to be there with my AMX

Hey Joe... No real idea but my feeling is that it probably won't happen. Wisconsin is #4 in the country for Covid19 outbreaks.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 6:50pm
Sounds like they're not trying hard enough being only at #4.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by 67 Marlin 67 Marlin wrote:

Some people have problems with the AVS2 carbs. Your driveability problems might be that. Something about the fuel metering. Had one on my 343 when I rebuilt it. Thought I could forego the extra power from a Holley for more driveability with the AVS2. It spewed black stuff out the tail pipes and bogged like nothing I've experienced. Couldn't get more than 13" of vacuum. Now I have a Q-series double pumper racing carb. Idles at 600rpm with 18" of vacuum, and better driveability than I could hope for.  And power, so I get that, too. I've been told the same problems don't exist with the regular AVS model carbs, if you're not a Holley guy.

Well... I brought the car back over and they tuned it out even better. They changed a few things around on the carb and it's about 90% right now. I went and drove it around and I was much happier with it. They will adjust the carb tensioner spring tomorrow. Then I'll take it back to the trans shop once more to make 100% sure the Throttle Valve is exactly right. So for the most part I think it'll be ok now.

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Oct/15/2020 at 7:21pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by SC397 SC397 wrote:

Nice air cleaner!

I got it from a guy who walked 10 miles through the Arizona desert to remove it from a Hornet with a 304? Apparently it took several hours to spin off the wing nut!! LoL... 
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2020 at 8:02pm
Maybe be walked back first for a cold frosty beverage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic