TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1978 Gremlin Iso Clamp, Grill and Taillight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 Gremlin Iso Clamp, Grill and Taillight
    Posted: Jul/06/2022 at 5:40am
Looking for the following for a 78 Gremlin / Concord AMX:

1.  Red Marker lights that have no border
2.  Bumper Trim (prefer NOS but will consider used)
3.  Rear Suspension Plates with the rubber sandwiched to the axle.  (NOS or reproduction)
4.  NOS 77/78 Gremlin Tail Light lenses or lights.
5.  NOS 1977/1978 Gremlin Grill.
6.  TRW / SpeedPro L2358 030 over piston or set.  New or good used.

Heading to Kenosha and Detroit.

Dave

Edited by 1ManGang - Jul/08/2022 at 6:02am
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 9:07am
Sorry.... but a bit confused....Your add says tail lights etc, but you list two different cars that use different parts...Can you please be more specific as there are still some NOS stuff that could come to Kenosha...
Thankyou....Bob
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2022 at 6:05am
MBLATZMAN,

So many of the parts fit both.  I am really looking for NOS Gremlin Tail lights. 

Post Revised.

Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2022 at 9:15pm
Kenosha Swap meet Day 1:

1.  Red Marker lights that have no border - Purchased a pair of used lights found by a friend. Have a few scratches but good color.  Saw a number of amber ones and ones with borders.  
2.  Bumper Trim (prefer NOS but will consider used) - Still looking...
3.  Rear Suspension Plates with the rubber sandwiched to the axle.  (NOS or reproduction) - Found some top halves and some U-bolts.  (They are still bare metal.)  
4.  NOS 77/78 Gremlin Taillight lenses or lights. - Found 1 NOS lense, 1 nice used lense and 1 used driver quality lense and a pair of used housings.  Found out the lenses are right and left.  (That was a surprise and a discussion why they were different (lots of conjecture and hope that D.O.T. made it that way.  Neither of us figured that AMC would have done it if someone didn't make them.  It sure would have been cheaper to have a single lense for left and right like a trailer lense.))
5.  NOS 1977/1978 Gremlin Grill - Purchased the one MBlatzman brought.  Lucky that a friend noticed it early in the day.  There was a Concord AMX Screen with one of the other vendors and a story with the used taillight purchase about how well the Concord AMX Screen fits a 77/78 Gremlin.
6.  TRW / SpeedPro L2358 030 over piston or set.  New or good used.  Still looking ...

Still looking for a few things.  Saw a lot of the usual suspects walking around and said hello to many.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

VR,
Dave

Edited by 1ManGang - Jul/29/2022 at 9:24pm
73hornut View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73hornut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2022 at 7:41am
71 Javelin
74 Gremlin
79 Spirit AMX
Rogue Valley Rumblers
Like Us on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602825606650796
danleym View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danleym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 10:28pm
I have the Iso Clamp pieces, PM sent
Hollis Danley
1980 Spirit, 258
2000 VW Jetta TDI
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/05/2022 at 11:41pm
Day 2, Saturday, at Kenosha didn't yield any more of the items that I was looking for.  I did pick up a NOS pair of V8 Air Injection Tubes that weren't on my list but nothing more from the list.  I am looking forward to AMO and other events this year.

PM sent on the ISO Clamp Pieces.
VR,
Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 58 minutes ago at 7:22pm
Day 1 iat AMO didn't yield any more stuff from my list but there were a few other items seen or purchased.  There were a few  small body vendors at the show with used parts.  Kevin Shope had a 4spd Shifter ball and a rear window hinge kit.  I saw a back glass.  I also received a lead on a Gremlin GT parts car from Casey McGowan.  There was even a good looking Gremlin gas tank that someone else bought today.

I even saw  partial AMC product release announcement for the 1978 Gremlin GT.  I suspected there was such a thing but I had  ever seen one.

We met a guy who might have some Concord AMX parts and he was going to bring them tomorrow.

The guy behind us had  a. late 70's Rally gauge pack harness.  That got picked up.

We still have some new reproduction fender flare welting in  white and black at the show.  $100.00 per set of 4.   These are used for the Concord and Spirit AMX and the Gremlin GT.  We will be vending until around Noon.  Still looking for the items above.

There was a pair of Levi Gremlins on the show field .  One had a 4.2 and the other had a 5.0.  Nice blue interiors.
Dave

Edited by 1ManGang - 10 hours 3 minutes ago at 9:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic